Can I boost My wireless signal????

AZBOOSTIN

Gawd
I am windering if there is anyway to get alittle more power out of my pcmcia wireless car it has a built in antenna so I dont know what to do..... IN certain sport here I barely get signal would like just alittle extra

Hit the configure button for your adapter. On laptops the power gets turned down when you aren't plugged in. You can change it to leave it at full power all the time.

You can also boost the power on some router's antennas to make a stronger signal and boost range. Do this through the web administration feature on your router.

What kind of router are you using? It may be possible to boost the power on the other end. It is not really possible to boost receiving power on wireless cards.

If you are using a Linksys router, you can use DD-WRT to boost the signal range.

Beware of using DD-WRT however, if you boost the signal strength too high you can burn out your router much faster than factory spec.

Based on what the OP said, I think he means he's got a Wi-Fi card for his laptop with a built-in antenna (mini-PCI perhaps?) or it's a PC card with internal antenna. He really hasn't provided enough info to go on... perhaps he'll update us with the specific laptop and wireless card he has, or the specific PC card he has, as well as his router if he's using one.

Sorry it is a dell pcmcia wireless adapter and a westell dsl router.. no options to boost the power that I can see

If your router has a removable antenna, you could get a better antenna for it.

Back