can gtx570 survive 100c loads?

koven

Limp Gawd
havent checked my temps in a month or two but apparently it's been idling at 70c and hitting 90c+ under load

i had no idea until it randomly rebooted for the first time today while i was gaming, im guessing the gpu went over 100c due to higher than usual ambient

i have since cleaned the pc out and the temps have dropped but im worried that i was gaming at close to 100c for close to a month probably.. how can i tell if there's any damage that happened? i havent noticed anything unusual after cleaning

Generally all new generation CPUs and GPUs have safety measures built in to prevent damage to your GPU or CPU.

If they get to a temperature that would cause damage they would either be scaled back, or the computer would throw some sort of error and shut down. You should be fine

Doing some quick search online show that a lot of people are experienceing 70-100 degree temps, so it seems pretty regular.

Redo the TIM on the card or get a better aftermarket cooler either AIR/Watercooling. I got 2 570's overclocked decently and i wouldn't recommend using it long periods of time at those temps. I would suggest either getting a better case for airflow or redo the TIM all together cause manufacturer's can sometimes not put enough or put way to much.. Either way good luck and looking forward to the results of what happens in the future..

Mine idles @ 44*c and load never goes beyond 74*C with aftermarket TIM i forgot the name , Think it was something NT-H1 possibly.

Back