Ive got a bit of a dilema...
I want to watercool my shuttle with an external radbox bolted under the main case. Now my main goal for watercooling is to get rid of noise. I currently have an old beat up black Ice extreme 1x120 that I "referbished", but my problem is that if the rad box is 120mm+ tall then that brings the whole case up to about 12"... or around matx case size. Id like to maintain a short stature. So this brings me to the question:
Would it be reasonable to say that a dual 80mm rad (with quiet fans) would be able to cool a 6600gt and A64 3000+?
Judging by super low budget WC setups like this one seem to cool at near silent levels, and with the 6600gt puting minimal heat (looking at the pitiful heatsink) into the loop, the dual 80mm rad seems to be up to the task.
Now current temps Im dealing with are around 50 deg C with the fan beginning to kick up at the "safe" 55C temp. And Ive had cpus run fine 70C+ so that doesn't bother me much.
Any thoughts?
I want to watercool my shuttle with an external radbox bolted under the main case. Now my main goal for watercooling is to get rid of noise. I currently have an old beat up black Ice extreme 1x120 that I "referbished", but my problem is that if the rad box is 120mm+ tall then that brings the whole case up to about 12"... or around matx case size. Id like to maintain a short stature. So this brings me to the question:
Would it be reasonable to say that a dual 80mm rad (with quiet fans) would be able to cool a 6600gt and A64 3000+?
Judging by super low budget WC setups like this one seem to cool at near silent levels, and with the 6600gt puting minimal heat (looking at the pitiful heatsink) into the loop, the dual 80mm rad seems to be up to the task.
Now current temps Im dealing with are around 50 deg C with the fan beginning to kick up at the "safe" 55C temp. And Ive had cpus run fine 70C+ so that doesn't bother me much.
Any thoughts?