Can connect to my router, but can't connect to the Internet?

Vieo

n00b
EDIT: NVM. Problem solved. Turns out somehow the DNS information I had my TCP/IP settings got delete/corrupted. I re-entered it again and now everything works.

I've got a really weird problem. I will try to describe it as simple as possible.

I have an ASUS WL-520GU router flashed with DD-WRT that I use as a wireless bridge to my network. I've got two Ethernet cables plugged into it. The first for one of my computers and the second for my Playstation 3.

This setup worked flawlessly for months on end.

HOWEVER.... About 5 days ago, I was on my computer playing World of Warcraft, listening to MP3s with Winamp, and I might of had eMule or Shareaza (or both) going in the background as well. I then opened up µTorrent to start a download.

Now this is where the problem started.

Five minutes into the torrent download, I minimized WoW to open up FireFox, but it wouldn't connect to google. My torrent was still downloading and my WoW connection wasn't interrupted as I was still able to chat with my friends. After messing with FireFox for a couple of minutes, I tried Internet Explorer and still couldn't get google to load. That's when I decided to just reboot my computer.

Though, rebooting my computer only made things worse because when it booted back up, I wasn't able to get a connection to anything.

============

Now here's the strange thing.

In trying to solve this problem, I've discovered:

1)I can access both my network's router and my bridge's device settings webpages (192.168.1.1 / 10.0.0.1 / etc.) on the computer they won't provide Internet access to. However, in the case of my network's router, my computer doesn't show up under the connected devices list even though it's connected.

2)My Playstation 3 connects to the Internet just fine through the bridge as well as all of my laptops.

3)My computer (the one I can't get a connection with through the bridge) was able to connect to the internet when I took the router I'm using as a bridge and set it up as a bridge to my brother's network.

====================

So, does anyone have any suggestions? Both routers and the computer seem to be fine given that they are sill operational with the exception that they won't provide internet access to just one of my computers.

P.S. I'm using Windows Vista 64.

Last edited:
I have an ASUS WL-520GU router flashed with DD-WRT that I use as a wireless bridge to my network. I've got two Ethernet cables plugged into it. The first for one of my computers and the second for my Playstation 3.

FYI, this was unsupported last I knew. A lot of people were using it with no problems, but DD-WRT technically is (was?) coded to only properly handle one device on the router when using it as a wireless bridge.

Back