Can anyone recommend an extigy replacement?

Naldo

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 7, 2001
Messages
3,739
Well, it seems creative isnt going to release extigy drivers for Vista :mad: , so I'm looking for a replacement for my laptop, but I cant seem to find anyhting that does what the extigy does.

Its needs ..

1) To be USB
2) Has to be able to function standalone
3) Must decode dolby digital via optical in (and must do this while following rule 2)
4) Support a remote control
5) Support Vista
6) Have a headphone jack on the unit

If anyone can recommend me something that fits these requirements, I would appriciate it very much.

Thanks in advance.
 
I do not know of any post-extigy external soundcards that decode ac3 from the non-PC source. Not from M-Audio, TB, Soundblaster or Terratec. I very much doubt annything like this exists.

So 2&3 are out of question

But you can keep Extigy as a stand-alone ac3 decoder with its remote ctrl and get a sound card for laptop In fact this would bring a benefit of USB 2.0 transfers to your laptop, Extigy is 1.1
Probably the best general use laptop card would be Audigy 2 ZS PCMCIA. If you do not want to get the best and just focus on the requirements 1 - 5 - 6 then there is plenty of USB cards with headphone out and they do not cost fortune
 
Back
Top