Can anyone recommend a midtower case black

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by txmale4969, Dec 9, 2018.

1. txmale4969

txmale4969 n00bie

can anyone recommend a mid tower case black. its for my ryzen 7 2700x build. 2 fan video card. price around hundred bucks.

2. atarione

atarione [H]ard|Gawd

There are a ton of really decent choices in this price range for mid towers..

some obvious contenters
    NZXT H500 / H500i
    Inwin 101, 102, 303 ..etc
    Fractal Designs Define / Meshify
    Phanteks Eclipse P400

..etc from corsair/ coolmaster ..lian li..etc etc

if I was y'all I'd browse around newegg / amazon and find something you like the looks of and then read some reviews of it... taste in the looks of cases is a very personal preference sort of deal.

If i was buying right now it probably be a H500 or Inwin 102 based on my own preferences esthetics wise.. both are well reviewed.

pavel likes this.
  3. BlackDragon1971

BlackDragon1971 n00bie

Chieftec Dragon...
    ( + Dremel )

daveayee likes this.
  4. daveayee

daveayee n00bie

Love the Chieftec Dragons. Do you want to sell yours BlackDragon1971?

5. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Most of them are plastic junk now days with glass side panels & no front ventilation, in other words, form over function.

That Being said, due to prior experience with these cases, I recommend this,
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G4994131 $77.00

Or This for a little extra if you want the glass and case handles, they do come in handy!
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX72C5704

Disclaimer:
    Yes I realize that there is a fair amount of plastic with these cases mentioned. Trying to stay within OP's budget.

6. pavel

pavel Limp Gawd

I'm looking at those, too. What makes you like H500 over the Meshify? I'm leaning towards the Meshify. I agree with telling the OP to use newegg for a comparison list. You don't have to necessarily buy from there but it's a little easier to compare - specs and pics - than just using partpicker - which is good, too but limited.

The Corsair C400 is also a possible choice which I was considering but I'm not sure any of these cases above are as fully featured as the Meshify. The only thing I wish it had was a 140mm fan mount on the rear but few 'smaller' mid-towers have that. You almost have to go to a full-tower or a much larger mid-tower to get that. I encourage the OP to compare all these cases and think about the features he/she wants - because that will probably narrow it down to a few choices. I also considered the Lian Li case and the Jonsbo case - a somewhat different design than the standard ones above. But, I'm not sure whether to with the 'basic internals' - I don't have enough experience building so the very creative layout and grommets for guiding cables seems to be a good advantage if you haven't owned too many cases? :)

Edit: P.S. I'm not sure what the OP is planning but I am not using a drive bay or drive cage. I'll have one nvme and one SSD - so it should be a lot easier with placing my drives.

OP, be sure to mention what your plan for drives are - when you use HDDs, it makes the configuration a bit more complicated - with cable management and so on.

7. daveayee

daveayee n00bie

check out www.pccasegear.com
    It's an aussie site but really easy to use. nicely laid out.

8. daveayee

daveayee n00bie

Where can you find one for 100 bucks?! lol