Can Anyone Help

Joni Nitro

Gawd
I really dont know what to do right now. I have a P5DN2-SLI and it worked fine with this generic samsung ram I had in it. I bought 2x1gb sticks of Corsair XMS2 ram that is reccomended by Asus but it wont run. 1 stick or 2 in anyone of the slots it just has a really long beep and no video. If I put the old back in it fine. I find it hard to believe that both sticks of RAM are DOA. Can I get some help please!!!!!!

Did you reset the bios ram settings to a default state before trying the new ram? Might just be set too far out of spec for the new stuff.

I didnt have the previous Ram oc'ed, but I might try a bios reset just for kicks. my last resort before sending this RAM back will be flashing the bios. I just would rather not have to do all that.

Joni Nitro said:
I didnt have the previous Ram oc'ed, but I might try a bios reset just for kicks. my last resort before sending this RAM back will be flashing the bios. I just would rather not have to do all that.
I have no idea what MOBO you have (including your specs in future posts would be helpful) or what you had set in BIOS for the old ram, but definately try setting memory in BIOS to defaults....maybe even throw in a divider.

I have a P5DN2-SLI and it worked fine with this generic samsung ram I had in it. I bought 2x1gb sticks of Corsair XMS2 ram that is reccomended by Asus but it wont run.

Ok I will make sure that list my specs.....

Thanks though. I am still curious why this is acting so strange.

Back