can another GTX 470 owner run a benchmark for me??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
I need somebody with a GTX 470 and an i5/i7 quad to run a specific Far Cry 2 benchmark for comparison. its the Far Cry 2 Long Ranch at 1920x1080 Very High settings and 2x AA.

I really need to publish it in my sig, but, my system specs are a i7 920 at stock 2.66GHz, evga GTX 470 all stock as well, with 6GB of RAM in the system.
I ran the bench with 3 loops and in DX10 mode with the rest of the settings you specified. Here are the results! I do have the full HTML files, but this is an image of the settings used and averaged results of 3 loops. Please let me know if I botched something ;)

28jg044.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
thats perfect thanks. some mod in another forum was arguing with me saying that me getting just 63fps at those settings had nothing to do with me E8500. I knew it did based on all the reviews of the gtx470. the problem was a needed the exact same bench and settings used and most sites didnt have those. if you ran that i7 overclocked I bet you would even pick up some more fps. again thanks. :cool:

Yeah, no problem. I would overclock my processor, but in the summer, my room gets too hot as it is. For what I use it for, it's just fine the way it is. That's my MO, I upgrade my system and run it stock for a little while then overclock it when it gets a little long in the tooth/new games come out.

Anyways, glad I could help!

thats perfect thanks. some mod in another forum was arguing with me saying that me getting just 63fps at those settings had nothing to do with me E8500. I knew it did based on all the reviews of the gtx470. the problem was a needed the exact same bench and settings used and most sites didnt have those. if you ran that i7 overclocked I bet you would even pick up some more fps. again thanks. :cool:

This doesnt prove anything at all.

Just proves one of the two:

1. You ahve a CPU bottneck.

2. Something is wrong with ur card.

Wich are the sides you 2 were taking in the argument :/

This doesnt prove anything at all.

Just proves one of the two:

1. You ahve a CPU bottneck.

2. Something is wrong with ur card.

Wich are the sides you 2 were taking in the argument :/
I know my cpu is the bottleneck in the case of Far Cry 2 and that was the point. anyway closing this up because my request has been fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back