Can a temp readout of 6C be right for C2D CPU?

Silversierra

Limp Gawd
As the title states, my temperature readout in speedfan is 6C, (under load) while running orthos(and bios is lower, 2C, but bios isn't load temp). Is that even possible? The heatsink does feel cool(almost cold) to the touch. I'm running an e4300 @2.7ghz, and I am using pretty low voltage, 1.12V. I'm using the stock cooler (except AS5 paste), and have the fan speed set to max/always on in the bios. My other temperature readings(hard drives) are all around 30-35C, which seems more normal. So is 6C right, or is it not reading properly?

No, its not possible without phase. The 30-35c is more of what it probably is, its reading the wrong sensors.

Thanks for the reply. I tried core temp again(it failed before), and found on vista you have to run it as administrator for it to work. Now it's working and says core 0 20C core 1 22C.

That seems more reasonable, although still on the cool side for air cooling while overclocked (not that I'll complain about cool temps...).
Core temp is pretty accurate right?

Not possible, unless you are running with ambients in the single digits.

Everytime I see these threads I ask myself how would blowing room temperature air onto a CPU make it run cooler than room temperature.

It can't. It's a law of thermodynamics that thermal energy can't travel from areas of low energy to areas of high energy.

Back