• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can a system run without a P4 connector?

Komataguri

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
3,355
Can it run, atleast temporarily without the P4 line attached?



Can't get a new PSU till sunday, but I need to put this thing together tonight.


low draw system. Celeron 2ghz, single small harddrive, single optical drive.



its a no name OEM mobo, so theres no stats for it [can't even find the manufacterer, some obscure HP relabled POS probably ]



Basicly, Can I run the system without the P4 connector long enough to install the OS, and for basic web browsing, until I can get a new PSU that has the connector?
 
If it’s the 4 pin square Molex, and you feel daring you can disassemble two hard drive molexes. Make sure you get it right, but pull two yellow plugs and two black plugs from the drive plugs and insert them into the correct holes on the P4 socket.

You only get one chance to do it wrong. ;)
 
BillR said:
If it’s the 4 pin square Molex, and you feel daring you can disassemble two hard drive molexes. Make sure you get it right, but pull two yellow plugs and two black plugs from the drive plugs and insert them into the correct holes on the P4 socket.

You only get one chance to do it wrong. ;)

No.

I think I'll go buy a Molex to P4 adaptor tomarrow at the computer shop for 2 dollars.


EDIT


if I can find a god damn one.


Just called the last PC shop around and no one has them in stock. >_<
 
Back
Top