Can A Hiper 580W PSU Take These Specs

athlon 939 3700+
160gB sata 8mB
some ecs motherboard
2 gig ram ddr 3200
radeon x1950xtx(gddr4)
x-fi gamer audigy sound card
16xdvd drive
they say a 500w psu is essential for a 8800gtx so id think it would be less for the radeon as its not powerfull and a hiper psu aswell should hold its ground
so can a 580 hiper take it?

You're fine. The thing with the hiper is the lack of amps on the +12v. It still has more than enough juice though.

Yes it could, but its not really a recommended psu.

Lets take alook at that word recommended......
recommended by whom...what...where....

You realize how many PC`s are using some un known brand PSU such as OKIA or TurboLink and not haviong any issues at all?

Thats what is interesting about discussing PSU`s...especially brands.......
Sure therew are alot of name brand real fine PSU`s on the market.
At the same same time there are alot of crappy PSU`s that have no name recognition at all that are being used daily and the user is hardly concerned or aware.
All most users want to know is does my PC power up when I hit the button.

Sure nobody who frequents these and other forums would be caught dead using an OKIA or a TurboLink but the fact remains more people than will ever get on all the forums combined do use daily these PSU`s with not even a hiccup.....

Its your above average user who has issues and rightly so with these PSU`s being used because we all purchase hardware that is usually not entry level.

But that word recommended can be very misleading....

Just like certain people rant and rave about Antec PSU`s.......
The fact remains alot of people are using them with no issues at all.

Its truly a small minority you hear from who have issues with Antec PSU`s.

I myself would never recommend and ANTEC psu.

But that has not stopped people from using them religiuosly.

Seasonic...Enermax...Zippy/Estasis......PC Power & Cooling......FSP...Corsair....XCLIO....etc...all name brands and OK...plus more that are also good...

Recommended by the majority of peoples opinions on H, which has been said several times. I assumed you would be smarter to know that saying recommended would refer to this forum, but obviously I gave you too much credit.

Oh, and I dont remember saying there arent thousands of systems out there with pos psu's that are working fine, nor did I say the hiper wont work, I said its not recommended on these forums, for its lack of +12v rail and over stamped watt rating. I just didnt feel like typing it all out but youve made me do so with your post eh?

Lets take alook at that word recommended......
recommended by whom...what...where....

You realize how many PC`s are using some un known brand PSU such as OKIA or TurboLink and not haviong any issues at all?

Thats what is interesting about discussing PSU`s...especially brands.......
Sure therew are alot of name brand real fine PSU`s on the market.
At the same same time there are alot of crappy PSU`s that have no name recognition at all that are being used daily and the user is hardly concerned or aware.
All most users want to know is does my PC power up when I hit the button.

Sure nobody who frequents these and other forums would be caught dead using an OKIA or a TurboLink but the fact remains more people than will ever get on all the forums combined do use daily these PSU`s with not even a hiccup.....

Its your above average user who has issues and rightly so with these PSU`s being used because we all purchase hardware that is usually not entry level.

But that word recommended can be very misleading....

Just like certain people rant and rave about Antec PSU`s.......
The fact remains alot of people are using them with no issues at all.

Its truly a small minority you hear from who have issues with Antec PSU`s.

I myself would never recommend and ANTEC psu.

But that has not stopped people from using them religiuosly.

Seasonic...Enermax...Zippy/Estasis......PC Power & Cooling......FSP...Corsair....XCLIO....etc...all name brands and OK...plus more that are also good...

Recommended by the majority of peoples opinions on H, which has been said several times. I assumed you would be smarter to know that saying recommended would refer to this forum, but obviously I gave you too much credit.

Oh, and I dont remember saying there arent thousands of systems out there with pos psu's that are working fine, nor did I say the hiper wont work, I said its not recommended on these forums, for its lack of +12v rail and over stamped watt rating. I just didnt feel like typing it all out but youve made me do so with your post eh?

Prove me wrong....if what I said offended you thats too...its all true....read slowly what I posted!!

Prove me wrong....if what I said offended you thats too...its all true....read slowly what I posted!!

Just because they work some of the time doesn't make them recommended. Add in the fact that people on [H] tend to have more high-end hardware than is standard, and recommending a marginal PSU is simply wrong.

The Hiper 580's modular connectors are badly designed - they run many wires to a single pin. It's inefficient as compared to Seasonic or Corsair models (it peaks at only 77% efficiency!). And anything except a few molex connectors and one pci express needs adapters. At $95, I'd rather have something else.

The point is the hiper will still do the job...you would rather have something else...thats nice!! 77% efficiency in relationship to what....80%...maybe 82%....hardly a difference wortth worrying about. Maybe on paper but surely not real world application...rofl

The point is the hiper will still do the job...you would rather have something else...thats nice!! 77% efficiency in relationship to what....80%...maybe 82%....hardly a difference wortth worrying about. Maybe on paper but surely not real world application...rofl

Says the PCP&C !!!!!!.

Why settle for less?

Back