Can a 780g motherboad do component out via a DVI-D to Component adapter cable?

Adidas4275

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a 32" LCD i got off w00t a while back and the HDMI port sucks ass.....

If i turn the TV off, w/o turning the HTPC off the video gets messed but and i need to restart to get the video back. I have confermed it is the TV, as i have hooked up many HDMI sources to it and get the same results..... therefore i tried the VGA port, which gave a grayish tone to video.... anything played looked like it has a layer of smoke over it...

so that leaves component, which works great.... currently i have a 9600gt with a breakout cable to component to the TV, runs 780p resoultion fine and i use it all the time.

well i want to upgrade my CPU to x4 and my mobo doesnt support.... so i want a new one. 780g would be great...

So my question is, can i hook up an adapter cable from the DVI-D i/o connetor on the Mobo and get video to my TV in the resolution i want?

(i know i could keep the 9600gt and use it, but i want to cut down on power use)

thanks for the input

Nope. Find a 780G that does component out (good luck, I had a hard time looking for one).

digital cant be changed to analog.. you can but a dedicated ATI card.. 3k or 4k series and run the svid-->component though..and get 720p or 1080i resolutions..

yeah well i have a 9600gt that has component so i guess i will stay with it...

any matx w/o IGP? since i dont need it?

You're not really gonna save any cash buying an matx mobo without IGP, there's not many of them to begin with, so you may as well not distract yourself with that.

Of course you can always disable the IGP, but i'm sure you knew that already ;)

Back