Camino

aaronearles

[H]ard|Gawd
What is it that camino users like about the browser? I'm interested in switching, but I don't see any real benefit over safari/firefox. I'm mainly interested because, while I love FF, it's just not working out on the mac, I have to restart the app several times over the course of a couple of hours. For some reason, Safari is really hard for me to get used to, it's hard leaving firefox, but I can't stand it anymore. Are there any cool or unique features that make camino special?

Isn't Camino just FireFox with an osx look and feel?

Camino is built with the MacOS X Cocoa APIs for the UI, has integration with MacOS X features, but uses the Gecko rendering engine that Mozilla/Firefox/Seamonkey use.

it's hard leaving firefox, but I can't stand it anymore

I hear ya, i'm starting to check out camino too, so far Its not blowing me away. Think I might bite the bullet and try to get into Safari like the rest of the Mac population

I use Camino because Safari crashes all the time, at least in my experience, and Firefox just feels "clunky" and slow on the Mac.

i used camino on a G3 iBook for a bit (one in sig. running 10.3.9 ) It sucked terribly. i thought it was just the G3 being a slow piece of crap, but i switched to firefox REGULAR and things ran miraculously better, i could actually use tabs without grinding to a halt. that alone was worth it.

It might be good on faster stuff, but its still too slow for me. i just dont get the point.

i've used camino on my macbook a few times, and i always get some webpage rendering issues with it. didn't really care for firefox, it just seems to take forever to load, altho i think the windows version is better. currently i'm using safari without any issues.

Back