Camera Problems..

0b5cur3d

n00b
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
19
I've got a Sony DSC-H9. It is not under warranty. It will be working great for a while, and then it will randomly give me problems. This time it just won't turn on. Any suggestions? It's been like this for 2 weeks or so now. I've had nonstop problems ever since I got the thing. I'm thinking about just selling it on ebay as a broken item for parts. -_-
 
If you can get it to turn on, I would suggest updating the firmware.
 
take out the stick/card and the battery. Try and run it off an ac cable if you have one otherwise clean the battery contacts. If you know the battery is good and it still won't power then you can try to have it repaired.
If you get it to power up, I suggest resetting the camera to defaults and/or updating the firmware
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-faq.pl?mdl=DSCH9
 
I think it's got something to do with the battery contacts and/or inside of it where the power button is. I got it to turn on but then I had trouble with it turning off. I had to press the power button over and over before it would.

Also I did reset it to default. And the only firmware upgrades I see is just for connecting the camera to the computer.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top