Calyos FANLESS PC / Workstation

May I call bullshit? The Streacom DB4 with 260 x 260 case sides claim 4 x 6mm Heatpipes with 65W / Side Panel so this is about 4 times as big area wise but then again we are looking at a 140W CPU and a 250W GPU which is six times as much. Also, transferring this much heat, how? Where are the (ton of) heatpipes?

They use a hydrofluorocarbon solution in the heat pipes.

Hi there,

In fact, we do not use heat pipes but loop heat pipes which is quite different and not hydrofluorocarbon (forbidden since the Montreal Protocol) but R245fa as the working fluid.
If you need further information, don't hesitate to visit our website ;)

Calyos team

Hi there,

In fact, we do not use heat pipes but loop heat pipes which is quite different and not hydrofluorocarbon (forbidden since the Montreal Protocol) but R245fa as the working fluid.
If you need further information, don't hesitate to visit our website ;)

Calyos team

Really fascinating design. What's the rationale behind the unusual PSU placement?

Also can't help but wonder how much practice it took for you guys to handle those all day without the occasional fin gouging :)

Impressive design. I've also been looking to make a mGPU HEDT capable build, (top end cpu/gpu at high OC) and it's good to see someone trying in this day and age, they seemed to have died off. Well done!

Really fascinating design. What's the rationale behind the unusual PSU placement?
It's a Lian-Li PC07 case. Calyos didn't make that design choice. Calyos mounted it where Lian-Li intended it to be.
The PSU placement makes perfect sense for a passive cooling setup. It's put there so heat can rise and cool air will simply flow through the PSU's heatsink which has it's fins oriented that way. The top part of the case is vented there to help exhaust hot air. The PSU can also use the motherboard tray on the opposite side to help facilitate passive cooling.

Lets have a [H]ard review of an RX 480 with a skylake processor in this bad boy.

Now if only they can do it in a mini-ITX case like NCASE M1

And I was hoping for them to do it in a much larger case.

Although once you add hard drives the silent part will go totally away..

nobody's putting 20TB into an ITX build.

Exactly. That is why I stated I would have wanted a larger case (that the one in the link) instead of a smaller one...

Back