Calling Westy TX42 Owners

Dynafrom

Gawd
Ok, I bought the westy a week ago, and hooked it up to VGA. RED colours looked bad and blurry, so I bought a DVI -> HDMI monster cable, and hooked it up. The colours look much cleaner now, but some text still are over saturated, and difficult to read. Can anyone tell me if this is a panel problem or do I just need to calibrate it.

Can you visit http://www.gamespot.com/ and look at the top, there should be some red text. Oh yea, I forgot to mention that once I zoom up on it, it looks perfectly fine, but as it is, it looks very muddy =\

picture13bi5.jpg

i got used to it, but if it does bother you I'd recommend returning it. For me I only noticed it on avsforum or a few sites with red text so it didn't bother me really.

My TX42 does that with red text. Using HDMI - DVI adapter. I got used to it, not a big deal since its main purpose is as a TV.

Ok, I found a workaround thankfully. It helps a whole lot. I turned on cleartype, and the problem is less visible now :D

sitting further away helps too

I use my TX42 for watching x264 movies. When I have it on the desktop the font looks horrible up close.. but when i move like 6-10 feet away from the tv it looks fine.

Back