• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Calling On Antec 900 owners

Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
780
Can anyone measure the height of the inside of the 5.25" bay area. From the bottom of the inside of the case to the top of the inside of the case.

Thanks
 
Not sure if i understood. From the inside of the drive cage to the top of the case is four and three quarter inches.
 
I think he meant bay area of the case where you place the 5.25 devices. Probably measuring for triple rad setup. Am I right?
 
I think he meant bay area of the case where you place the 5.25 devices. Probably measuring for triple rad setup. Am I right?

yep seeing if a triple rad would fit or not, the swiftech mcr320 to be exact which is 410mm long

if it is 15.25" then it won't fit, 9x5.25" bays should be about 15.25" or so, is there no extra vertical room inside?
 
there's an extra 1/2" or so at the bottom. it's enough to fit a slimline. don't have my tape measure handy, sorry.
 
You can JUST squeeze a mcr 320 into the front of a 900, however this will leave you with 0 room for your optical drive .. that would include a slimline mod as the room below the lip of the drive rack would be ocupied by the Nipples of the rad. I test fit this on mine and did not like that idea, so I am in process of building a foot for the radiator (See project cheapskate in the worklog forum) to sit in rather than hacking a side fit optical solution.
 
You can JUST squeeze a mcr 320 into the front of a 900, however this will leave you with 0 room for your optical drive .. that would include a slimline mod as the room below the lip of the drive rack would be ocupied by the Nipples of the rad. I test fit this on mine and did not like that idea, so I am in process of building a foot for the radiator (See project cheapskate in the worklog forum) to sit in rather than hacking a side fit optical solution.

So the MCR320 will fit? I don't need to worry about optical drive, I don't have the case yet and I'm gonna try to fit the MCR320 vertically against the wall of the 5.25" drive bays, the big thing is most people are reporting 15.25" to 385mm from the floor of the case to the ceiling(not the exterior, interior).
 
I'll take a tape to it in a couple of hours when I get out of the office and verify measurments of both the rad as well as the clearance of the case for you.
 
From the floor to the roof the 900 is 16 and 3/4 inches wheras the mcr320 measures in at15 and 7/8 inches tall when stood end to end. Should fit no probs, although I suspect some tweaking of the case will be neccicary to get it to fit properly. Like I said when I did my test fit it felt much tighter than 3/4in clearance. <shrug>
 
Back
Top