Calling Excel experts!

nissanztt90

2[H]4U
Alright so im in an analytical chemistry class and we have lots of data points to enter for plotting graphs. In this case its a titration curve if anyone knows what that is.

Basically, say you have 30 data points each in row A and row B. Say you want to add A and B together, and put the value in C. I would like to know how i can just paste one formula in C that will automatically take A1 + B1 and store it in C1, or at least paste the same thing in each cell. I dont want to have to go all the way down the line changing it to =A2+B2 , then =A3+B3. Doing that 30 times is getting to be a pain. Is there a univeral function i can use? Something like =A#+B#?

Put "=A1+B1" (without the quotes) in the first cell and press enter. Then select that cell with your mouse, click and hold on the bottom right of that cell (there's a little dark square) and then drag it down to row 30. This will put that equation in every row, increasing only the number each time since the columns are staying the same.

Put "=A1+B1" (without the quotes) in the first cell and press enter. Then select that cell with your mouse, click and hold on the bottom right of that cell (there's a little dark square) and then drag it down to row 30. This will put that equation in every row, increasing only the number each time since the columns are staying the same.

You are the man. Thanks.

Back