Calling EAC + Flac gurus (questions)

PCMusicGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,223
So I setup EAC and flac on my system so I can rip some CDs. In the settings of EAC, I point it to flac.exe and select for it to delete the wav files. It rips the tracks to wav files with file names such as "Come Back To Me.wav", converts it to flac with a file name like "Ctmp0-!55.flac" and correctly tags it, but it does not delete the wav file. Am I missing something? Also, is there anyway to get a less cryptic file name for the flac file? Thanks in advance.
 
So I setup EAC and flac on my system so I can rip some CDs. In the settings of EAC, I point it to flac.exe and select for it to delete the wav files. It rips the tracks to wav files with file names such as "Come Back To Me.wav", converts it to flac with a file name like "Ctmp0-!55.flac" and correctly tags it, but it does not delete the wav file. Am I missing something? Also, is there anyway to get a less cryptic file name for the flac file? Thanks in advance.

Extra step, but try using the FLAC frontend for the coding? There is an option to delete the .wav as well.
 
you may want to try this command line in EAC

-5 -T "Artist=%a" -T "Title=%t" -T "Album=%g" -T "Date=%y" -T "Tracknumber=%n" -T "Genre=%m" %s -o %d

at least it works for me....
 
Extra step, but try using the FLAC frontend for the coding? There is an option to delete the .wav as well.

Turns out that you have to have the delete option selected in both the Flac Frontend and EAC to actually delete the wav files.

you may want to try this command line in EAC

at least it works for me....

My command line was very similar to yours only I was missing the last few characters. I added it and it works like a charm now.

Thanks to you both.
 
Back
Top