Calling all X850XT PE Owners....

Zefram0911

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 19, 2002
Messages
1,178
I'm not sure if this question should be reserved for the video card forum or the gaming forum so I apologize in advance.

What are you in game settings for Battlelfield 2? What resolution do you play at?

I'm playing at 1680x1050 with ALL of my settings on HIGH, but no AA. I guess my question is what level of AA would be acceptable at my resolution with my video card. I have 2 gigs of ram and a P4 3.46Ghz EE with RAID 0 Raptors.

Thanks in advance.
 
Zefram0911 said:
I'm not sure if this question should be reserved for the video card forum or the gaming forum so I apologize in advance.

What are you in game settings for Battlelfield 2? What resolution do you play at?

I'm playing at 1680x1050 with ALL of my settings on HIGH, but no AA. I guess my question is what level of AA would be acceptable at my resolution with my video card. I have 2 gigs of ram and a P4 3.46Ghz EE with RAID 0 Raptors.

Thanks in advance.

no better way to find out than to try it. I guess 4X for you.

I get by with 2xAA with a 6800GT @ 400/1100 @ 1680 x 1050 with everything but textures on high. 4xAA slows me down too much.
 
1280x1024

2xAA Full AF
anything that says dynamic is off, terrain medium... everything else high
60+FPS guaranteed
 
contaminant said:
1024*768 :(
All High
Max AA/HQAF

LOL, you really need to turn off dynamic everything :p
You're giving yourself a disadvantage, and the enemy places to hide :cool:
 
being nieve..when i first got the game i set it to 1600x1200 with 4aa/16af and it ran fine with me...
 
contaminant said:

slows you down, you'll see a massive performance leap (2x easily) by turning off dynamic crud

also, when you're indoors it makes it particularly dark, some places are pitch black (Oman construction sites, for example) where enemies hide... turn off dynamic crud and watch as you can hide from the enemy, but they cant hide from you :)
 
ScHpAnKy said:
slows you down, you'll see a massive performance leap (2x easily) by turning off dynamic crud

also, when you're indoors it makes it particularly dark, some places are pitch black (Oman construction sites, for example) where enemies hide... turn off dynamic crud and watch as you can hide from the enemy, but they cant hide from you :)
Hmmm, I've never really noticed that, I'll play around with the settings tonight, thanks.
 
I always play BF2 with 1280 X 1024 Res
4X AA Max AF and some setting max, others not.
 
Back
Top