• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

*** calling all U3011 owners ***

ShePearl

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
429
Have you folks had any success with downsampling ?

For the life of me, I cannot get 3840x2400p with 60Hz refresh rate. (It works at 30Hz with automatic timing, though).

If you have experience with downsampling with U3011, please let's hear it.
Please DO state your graphic card and driver version. Thank you.
 
Have you tried any resolutions between 2560x1600 and 3840x2400?
There is no guarantee that monitors will take higher than spec resolutions.

Are you getting a driver crash and a black screen?
I always figure downsampling is a bit like overclocking and to treat it as such testing in grades and picking out where it fails.
If you can cycle through imputs in the monitor's OSD sometimes that can get monitors to accept higher than native resolutions.

Sorry my info isn't great and that I'm not a 3011 owner to help further.
 
Try using display port if you're not. I believe 4k is too much bandwidth for dl-dvi.

Edit: also turn on video card scaling if you haven't.
 
Have you tried any resolutions between 2560x1600 and 3840x2400?
3840x2400 is the *minimum* resolution I'd shoot for.
Horizontal 2560 x 1.5 = 3840
Vertical 1600 x 1.5 = 2400
For optimal results, I want to stay in whole numbers (2x, 4x, 8x etc) to avoid interpolation artefacts. However, 1.5x is a good compromise, I think. :)

Try using display port if you're not. I believe 4k is too much bandwidth for dl-dvi.
It's my understanding that cables don't play a big role here (if any). This is because image is scaled down to native resolution of your display before it leaves frame buffer of GPU.
Many people seem to achieve 4k (3840x2160p) resolution even with a single link DVI.
Downsampling: How to - Guru3D Forums
Downsampling discussion - OCN
Downsampling, a simple method for making your pc-games look better - NeoGAF
 
3840x2400 is the *minimum* resolution I'd shoot for.
Horizontal 2560 x 1.5 = 3840
Vertical 1600 x 1.5 = 2400
For optimal results, I want to stay in whole numbers (2x, 4x, 8x etc) to avoid interpolation artefacts. However, 1.5x is a good compromise, I think. :)

I understand where you are coming from as I would aim for the same thing if I wanted to downsample.
However, I still think it is worth trouble shooting that way.
Unless any U3011 owners have any have any great ideas I'm not sure what else you can do.
 
Back
Top