Calling all fellow geeks: Which Gigabyte board for i7 build?

Drewis

Limp Gawd
Heyas!

Havent been paying much attention to the offerings of i7 boards at all since my system is pretty fast as is... But Im getting some cash soon and I want to upgrade again.

I HATE asus with a passion, but the RoG Max III looks tempting... I have always bought Gigabytes top of the line boards since 775 came out.

Which Gigabyte board would you guys recommend? I am obviously going to OC as much as possible 24/7 usage. I dont need all the bells and whistles but with Gigabytes top end, u get them anyway. Any insight is appreciated.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

All these boards support USB3 and SATA3

i got the Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5. Love it so far. Had it for about 3 or 4 months. It's sweet. do it

Installed my new X58A-UD5 last week and I love it. LOADS of features. The cooling on the UD3 was just to minimal for my taste and the UD7 was just too expensive. If you can afford it, I'd grab the X58A-UD7, otherwise I think the UD5 is an excellent bang/buck option. Currently running my 920 smoothly at 4GHz...

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

All these boards support USB3 and SATA3

All 3 are excellent boards. It comes down to your budget and the features you need. If you don't plan on using a water block or don't want to brag about having 24-phase power, then I would suggest the X58A-UD5. Very similar to the UD7 minus the 24-phase power (yet is still an excellent overclocker) and water block.

Back