• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Calling all Dell FP owners

WildcardAB

n00b
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
3
I just got a 2005FPW from dell and so far so good with one exception. When I set the resolution to a lower 16:10 ratio one, the monitor does not size the picture correctly. But 4:3 ratio resolutions are scaled just fine. Is anyone else having this problem??

I want to be able to run games at 1280x800, but the monitor only stretches the image width wise, not height wise. Same deal for 16:9 ratios also. I gotta say, this is totally counter intuitive. I tried playing with all the settings for image sizing on the monitor and nothing helped.

So, 2005FP owners, same problem?
 
Just in case I wasn't clear. I just want confirmation from another 2005FPW owner about this issue. All I need is for someone to go into the windows display settings, try settting it to 1280x800 and see if the image sizes to fully fit the screen.

Any results would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
 
All the resolutions I set my screen too fit to the screen. Unless you have it set to aspect ratio in the settings of the screen itself instead of fill.
 
WildcardAB said:
I I tried playing with all the settings for image sizing on the monitor and nothing helped.
Wild, I never use monitor controls for fine tuning.
Use the video card's control panel.
If u have Nvidia card there's a ton of buttons, switches etc.
First, choose option "Let graphics card control display" (words. like that).
Then monkey with the 3 buttons "Maintain Aspect Ratio", "Full Screen", "Center Image" (words like that) and watch to see what gives best image..
Heck, I don't even have my 23" HP's factory drivers installed. My BFG6800GT vid card controls the monitor.
 
Go to the OSD, Image Settings > Scaling

There should be options for 1:1, Aspect, and Fill. Adjust these settings and you monitor will either keep it at native res (1:1), fill the screen as much as possible but keep the same aspect (Aspect), or just stretch the image across the entire screen ignoring the initial signal aspect ratio.
 
WildcardAB said:
Just in case I wasn't clear. I just want confirmation from another 2005FPW owner about this issue. All I need is for someone to go into the windows display settings, try settting it to 1280x800 and see if the image sizes to fully fit the screen.

Any results would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

advanced display properties > Nvidia > digital flat panel settings
 
Ya, the monitor is set to fill.

But, it has some pretty terrible backlight bleeding, so I'll be returning it anyway.
 
Back
Top