Calling all barcode GrandMasters

Dav5049915

Limp Gawd
I hope this is the right forum, if not please move.

I am having a real fun problem with trying to import a barcode into Adobe Pagemaker. The company i work for uses pagemaker to create and print IDs. We recently upgraded our clocking system with a web based one. I want to add Barcodes to their IDs so they just have to scan their IDs to clock in.

Here are the specifics:

I am using Code128 as a barcode.
I need to insert a control character in the middle. the data will be like this username(tab)password then it will automatically enter.

i purchased a program that allows me to generate the barcodes easily http://www.azalea.com/Code128/ and this worked awesome when i was creating multiple barcodes and just printing them out on paper. but, when it came time to paste/import these barcodes into pagemaker, it would say that i am missing the font OCRB and replace that font with my code128 font. the barcode would show up on the ID, but would not scan :(

i used a second program http://www.taltech.com/products/barcode_software.html
and this program works perfectly, however, it is 400$

this program (from what i can tell) takes the bar code and creates a high-res image from it and allows me to import it into pagemaker using one of the paste features.

if anyone has had a similar problem and was able to find a workaround without spending the 400$ for the program, i would be greatly appreciative for any information on that.
thanks in advance,
David

cliffs: i need help pasting barcodes into Adobe Pagemaker

Quick and dirty solution might be to type in the barcode and get it on screen then hit ALT + PrintScreen to get a screenshot of the app the barcode is in then paste that into pagemaker. Might end up having to go through graphics app to strip all the surroundings away around the barcode. I have never used Pagemaker so I'm not sure of it's capabilities.

As to the problem it sounds like Pagemaker doesn't recognize the barcode font. Having never used pagemaker I couldn't even speculate a true fix

Back