caller id phreaking and do not call list

majikman

Weaksauce
i'm just curious if anyone here is familiar with these two topics because i've been receiving unsolicited phone calls from some company and my phone number is on the do not call list. the company has called me three times now and every time i get a call, its the same dumb girl with a guys tone of voice and an accent like frau.

to make it worse is the first time i told them i didn't want their damn card. the second time, i told them to remove my name from their list and they just hung up on me. and the most recent time, i tried asking them for their phone number and company name and they just hung up on me. this is so damn annoying.

i would like to report them but the only number that comes through on my caller id is 001-819. i remember reading about caller id phreaking before where private/blocked numbers weren't really blocked and something about being able to spoof the number you're calling from. does anyone know if its possible to determine where a call from a spoofed caller id is coming from?

Back