Call of Duty Ghosts system requirements.

Would you recommend a purchase, if the game is found uber cheap? Just how detrimental is the FOV actually?

I'm usually not affected by FoV and I feel like puking everytime I play with the default 65. I wouldn't recommend you buy this game, seriously don't waste money on it.

Would you recommend a purchase, if the game is found uber cheap? Just how detrimental is the FOV actually?

I purchased both BF4 and CoD: Ghosts and am probably 75% through both campaigns. So far, I'm not experiencing any buyers remorse, though if I was, it would be more for buying BF than buying CoD. I'm usually the last one to fancy myself a game critic, but the BF4 campaign is pretty lacking.

As for graphics, BF4's engine is noticeably more advanced than the CoD engine, but I think most people here exaggerate the difference. CoD has great graphics, and in terms of art direction and aesthetics, it could be argued that CoD beats BF4. CoD provides set piece after set piece drenched in detail, moreso than BF4. As with Bioshock: Infinite, there's more to these graphics than texture resolution and pixel shaders.

The bottom line is that it's cool to hate on CoD right now for two reasons: 1) Everyone is playing it. 2) It's been cashing in on the same formula for several consecutive years now. Do you guys remember when CoD 4 first came out? Do you remember how epic it was? Well, Ghosts is really just more of that exact same formula, so maybe that's something to think about. The way I see it, if it was good 6 years ago, it's good today.

Series fatigue is a different thing, something I'm personally experiencing with the BF series at the moment, so I'm looking forward to giving Ghosts MP a try.

Ghosts basically shits on PC gamers, so no it's nothing like CoD4.

Treyarch at least shows a little effort with FOV sliders and no frame cap(or at least different ones). Ghosts has a hardcap of 91 FPS(who the fuck came up with that number?) SLI/Crossfire do not work, certain settings destroy FPS while the game still doesn't look that good and it seems like they are going to try to ban people using the FoV changer. BTW, from what I hear, the game looks better and performs better on consoles.

It's pretty bad when the hack community is doing more to actually improve gameplay (FoV, FPS unlocker) than IW. Fail.

Treyarch at least shows a little effort with FOV sliders and no frame cap(or at least different ones). Ghosts has a hardcap of 91 FPS(who the fuck came up with that number?) SLI/Crossfire do not work, certain settings destroy FPS while the game still doesn't look that good and it seems like they are going to try to ban people using the FoV changer. BTW, from what I hear, the game looks better and performs better on consoles.

Fair enough, I'm not going to dispute anything you just said. Personally, I found it to be an enjoyable experience by just going into the settings and cranking everything up.

Fair enough, I'm not going to dispute anything you just said. Personally, I found it to be an enjoyable experience by just going into the settings and cranking everything up.

Well that's SP, I'm sorry but you can't judge a CoD game by its SP. Multiplayer is usually the main focus and somehow they managed to fuck it up.

If you like previous call of duty games then it is definitely worth a purchase when you find it cheap. FOV is quite bad but I am used to it now. Campaign is better than BF4 SP.

good thing I passed on this...I was all set to buy it mainly because the last CoD game I played was Black Ops 1 and was getting nostalgic for some twitch shooting...I think I'll wait for Titanfall to get my fix

might have missed it in this thread, but can FOV be adjusted for MP?

i'm surprised there's not a push for more consistency between the two developers. Treyarch allows FOV adjustment through a menu option, IW doesn't and doesn't want you tinkering with it.

It's amazing how much of a parody of itself IGN is.

IGN ran a quick article about the video showing how IW copy and pasted the ending of MW2 animation into the beginning of Ghosts..

And they said

While some individuals have been quick to accuse Infinity Ward of laziness, it's more likely that the scene was intended as an homage to the earlier game seeing as MW2's Simon 'Ghost' Riley provided a lot of inspiration for the team when creating Ghosts.

GTFO out of here.. Homage my ass.. You can smell the Activision money in that sentence.

0pIQ0Qb.jpg

Last edited:

IGN ran a quick article about the video showing how IW copy and pasted the ending of MW2 animation into the beginning of Ghosts..

And they said

GTFO out of here.. Homage my ass.. You can smell the Activision money in that sentence.

I can smell all the uselessness in that building on the East Coast. I can literally smell it.

And they said

You can't be serious. And where does money fit into this equation at all? You and everyone else here seems to be furious that Activision (a business) is turning a profit on the CoD franchise. That is, after all, what businesses do. Back on topic, I find it highly unlikely that the scene in question was anything besides than an homage as suggested. In all the hours of content in this game, you really think they singled out a 30 second scene and said "We can't afford this! Let's reuse assets!".

But you know what? I'll bite anyway. Say they "lazily" reused content? What's it to you? Are you saying the creators of CoD OWE you all new content for each game?!? You think they go re-record the sound of an AK-47 for each game?? Deal with it. If you don't like it, don't buy the game. :rolleyes:

It's pretty bad when the hack community is doing more to actually improve gameplay (FoV, FPS unlocker) than IW. Fail.

I'm pretty sure that 91 is the Quake default FPS cap, so someone at id

I think the huge sales of this every year point to a large number of less technically proficient gamers...they are not gamers who frequent tech forums etc...just casual gamers who enjoy twitch battles, so they don't see the technical faults and limitations...it can be very enjoyable as a mindless run-and-gun

I think the huge sales of this every year point to a large number of less technically proficient gamers...they are not gamers who frequent tech forums etc...just casual gamers who enjoy twitch battles, so they don't see the technical faults and limitations...it can be very enjoyable as a mindless run-and-gun

CoD = Space Invaders 2013

I've been pc gaming since the very first cod. I ran out and bought that day one and I bought the expansion pack United Offensive day one and never regretted it or looked back. I had a blast.

But somewhere in between then and now I stopped getting excited about the opening release dates and sat back and let the moment pass. I heard a lot of bitching and crying and was proud of myself for holding out.

But this year I wanted to recreate my first years as a pc gamer. I wanted to go buy Ghost at midnight and see if I could still experience that excitement of a new game.

So I bought a new video card and bought both BF4 and Ghost and to my surprise I am disheartened. Not only have I not found the holy grail but I am a lot lighter in the wallet for trying to once again find it.

Wow, so I got a promo code for this game. Installed it and on both of my systems this game runs like absolutely shit. This is the first COD i've played since COD4. Performance is absolutely terrible, FPS drops to 5 fps, stutter city, crazy mouse lag. I could get past the looks if the gameplay was on point but wow this is truly unbearable.

Wow, so I got a promo code for this game. Installed it and on both of my systems this game runs like absolutely shit. This is the first COD i've played since COD4. Performance is absolutely terrible, FPS drops to 5 fps, stutter city, crazy mouse lag. I could get past the looks if the gameplay was on point but wow this is truly unbearable.

get a refund thats just sad considering how insane reqs are for this pos game.... cant believe people fall for this year after year... :mad: has there ever been a launch where the multi is not a complete utter laggfest ? considering its a game u buy for MP im suprised they cant get the multi exp better then a complete failure each year total retards.

Double XP weekend already??...less then a week after release?

Why not? Takes your mind off the fact that you bought a shitty broken game. At least you can unlock shit that MAY allow you some enjoyment out of it.

I installed COD4 last night and it had superior graphics, performance, and gameplay. What a giant backward leap by these assclowns.

get a refund thats just sad considering how insane reqs are for this pos game.... cant believe people fall for this year after year... :mad: has there ever been a launch where the multi is not a complete utter laggfest ? considering its a game u buy for MP im suprised they cant get the multi exp better then a complete failure each year total retards.

Steam wouldn't let me get a refund, I've already tried.

Steam wouldn't let me get a refund, I've already tried.

If you bitch a lot, they'll do it. I've had it done SEVERAL times. You just have to be persistent, and complain a lot. They'll give you some babbledy-bullshit about how this is "a courtesy, once in a lifetime service", but ignore that shit real quick. They're required to say that.

If you bitch a lot, they'll do it. I've had it done SEVERAL times. You just have to be persistent, and complain a lot. They'll give you some babbledy-bullshit about how this is "a courtesy, once in a lifetime service", but ignore that shit real quick. They're required to say that.

This is what the rep told me.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer a refund for this transaction.

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges for purchases made on our website or through the Steam Client. This includes, but is not limited to, games, Early Access Games, software, gifted or traded purchases, downloadable content, subscriptions, and in-game items/currency.

We will make an exception and refund titles that are still listed as available for Pre-Purchase on our website. The refund request must be received prior to the official release date for the item. You can see when a pre-purchased title is scheduled to officially unlock by viewing the green information bar on its store page.

This only applies to preorders purchased from your account; preordered titles received or sent through the Steam Trading system cannot be refunded. We do not offer refunds for Early Access Games.

Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

So I just reply to this ticket or whatever and keep bitching? The game runs like absolute horse shit on both my desktop and laptop which run should RAPE this game. But I am the one getting raped :(

This is what the rep told me.

So I just reply to this ticket or whatever and keep bitching? The game runs like absolute horse shit on both my desktop and laptop which run should RAPE this game. But I am the one getting raped :(

Yes, keep bitching. Also try to get a live person as well, if possible.

Have you tried driver updates and all that for the system in your sig? Turning off one of the cards?

decided to give the fps unlocker a try. Worked and allowed for a better MP experience for ~2 minutes. Then I realised someone had an aimbot lol.

Yes, keep bitching. Also try to get a live person as well, if possible.

Have you tried driver updates and all that for the system in your sig? Turning off one of the cards?

For both systems in sigs correct, game occasionally drops to like 5fps than shoots back up to stutter city. I've read quite a few similar people having issues in reddit.com/r/codghosts, even on the steam forums. I can't say i'm a in huge mood to play this game but I would like it to run decently or at least at a consistent 60fps. I haven't nothing against the franchise and it would be nice to have something other than bf4 to just shoot shit in.

Even the new amd beta's made for Ghosts doesn't help at all.

Loving the new Ghosts maps as well. The 18 player matches can be intense. The maps are also full of debris, smoke and such effects that are fantastic. I am quite enjoying it. Only complaint is that unlocking stuff is taking waaayyy too long. Everyone is kicking my ass as well. However, am enjoying the new maps. It is standard COD stuff with the right amount of polish. If they only add an FOV slider then I will enjoy it some more. I am playing fully maxed out in even MP and there is sometimes stutter. I don't know if this is a driver issue or is it too high details or internet issue. Either way, game is definitely playable and stuttering stops after a while on the level.

Lag is definitely there though as always for me. I am having fun with it much more than BF4 for some reason. Haven't touched that game this weekend. :eek:

Same problems I am having. Combine that with the CTD's in BF4 hindering my progression and I feel like I can't really play anything I want to because of shitshow console ports. Though know DICE will eventually fix the crashing problems but will IW ever get Ghosts to run right? I mean I don't even think they know they have a PC game out.

Nvidia really hyped up the graphics quality of CoD: Ghosts...sad to see it looking so average...

"NVIDIA GPU-accelerated animal fur will add high-quality, realistic, dynamically-reacting fur to Riley, NPC wolves, and multiplayer attack dogs"

Loving the new Ghosts maps as well. The 18 player matches can be intense. The maps are also full of debris, smoke and such effects that are fantastic. I am quite enjoying it. Only complaint is that unlocking stuff is taking waaayyy too long. Everyone is kicking my ass as well. However, am enjoying the new maps. It is standard COD stuff with the right amount of polish. If they only add an FOV slider then I will enjoy it some more. I am playing fully maxed out in even MP and there is sometimes stutter. I don't know if this is a driver issue or is it too high details or internet issue. Either way, game is definitely playable and stuttering stops after a while on the level.

Lag is definitely there though as always for me. I am having fun with it much more than BF4 for some reason. Haven't touched that game this weekend. :eek:

You can unlock stuff early by buying them with your squad points, so you don't have to level up to get it or use it, just buy it and equip it.

The perks I like to use are dead silence, random perk, marathon, and the one that lets you move faster while aimed down the sight or scope.

Guns I've been using are the K7 and the IL something which is a semi auto rifle.

Latest AMD beta drivers did nothing as I expected. Crossfire still is broken as fuck.

Infinity Ward on next-gen, mega textures, dedicated servers and the future:

Q: The next-gen version is huge. I've seen it's a 49GB install on PS4.

A: Mark Rubin: Yeah it's massive. It's all textures. Textures just take up massive amounts of space. When you increase a texture from say a 1k to a 2k texture, it's quadrupling the size. We did that. Actually, there are some textures that are 4k textures

LG gave us an 84 inch 4K TV. One of their early ones, before it had even come out. We hooked a PC up to it - a beast PC - and it was gorgeous. It looked amazing

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-08-making-call-of-duty-ghosts

Just to be clear, Black Ops 2 is legit on PC?? It was alright on Xbox but I prefer IW CoD's on my 360 etc.

If it's even close to MW1 on PC, I'm down. (might wait for the steam sales tho)

Back