Call of Duty: Black Ops 6

I hope it's more up to modern times and the current climate something like the Division what they should really do is skip Multiplayer make the guns all Nerf guns.
I heard it's going to have a MP zombie mode.

If it's open world again I'm not interested.
It is supposed to be open world and not like MW3, but truly open world with you having to use vehicles and fast travel to traverse the maps, in the campaign anyways.
A lot of the leak collectors on Youtube say it's going to be more like Far Cry than a CoD game.

This guy has some pretty good info into the game leaks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1WW_W8jDA&t=415s

No thanks. MW3 is lame in terms of sounds, animation, gameplay. Will wait for another proper sequel to MW19/22. But would prefer if another FPS came out that isn't CoD that I could get interested in. For the campaign, open world? No thanks. They need to learn how to make a good shooter campaign and figure out how to write a decent story. Open world doesn't help either of those. Infinity War was a big step in the right direction. They need to look at that and allow things like weapon selection pre-mission and having a coherent story. I'm not really sure why developers can no longer make an FPS with a campaign anymore. It is either some FPS/RPG hybrid or outright terrible.

Only thing that doesn't have me writing this off completely is that Treyarch has always made good campaigns. MW3's campaign was made by Sledgehammer, who have never made a good campaign.

At Walmart today went past the Newspaper section they had the Mount Rushmore blindfolds on top of the USA Today paper. If you look at the top section of the paper it says sponsored by Activision or some BS. Really good way to confuse people who buys the paper. So I wonder if Call of Duty is some kinda sponsored program really weird to see the top section of the paper like that.

Last edited:
At Walmart today went past the Newspaper section they had the Mount Rushmore blindfolds on top of the USA Today paper.
If you look at the top section of the paper it says sponsored by Activision or some BS. Really good way to confuse people who buys the paper.
So I wonder if Call of Duty is some kinda sponsored program really weird to see the top section of the paper like that.
It's just a flyer that is part of their advertising campaign.

At Walmart today went past the Newspaper section they had the Mount Rushmore blindfolds on top of the USA Today paper.
If you look at the top section of the paper it says sponsored by Activision or some BS. Really good way to confuse people who buys the paper.
So I wonder if Call of Duty is some kinda sponsored program really weird to see the top section of the paper like that.
Time stamped.

View: https://youtu.be/3D1WW_W8jDA?t=139

Only thing that doesn't have me writing this off completely is that Treyarch has always made good campaigns. MW3's campaign was made by Sledgehammer, who have never made a good campaign.

CoD WWII was one of the better campaigns, IMO. It was linear and a bit dated gameplay wise (like all CoD campaigns), but it had a coherent story. Infinity War is the best thing they've ever done, I think that was Infinity Ward. Open world is not the solution. Opening maps so there are a few approaches, some tactics, better AI/NPCs and reactions, and be extremely scripted is all they need to do. Not a small task but going to a bland open world doesn't help. I feel like this will just be a Warzone with cutscenes as a way to cheap out, much like some of the MW3 missions.

CoD WWII was one of the better campaigns, IMO. It was linear and a bit dated gameplay wise (like all CoD campaigns), but it had a coherent story. Infinity War is the best thing they've ever done, I think that was Infinity Ward. Open world is not the solution. Opening maps so there are a few approaches, some tactics, better AI/NPCs and reactions, and be extremely scripted is all they need to do. Not a small task but going to a bland open world doesn't help. I feel like this will just be a Warzone with cutscenes as a way to cheap out, much like some of the MW3 missions.
WWII had Raven helping out Sledgehammer, so that is probably why it was one of the better ones they made. Infinite Warfare was indeed Infinity Ward.

I havent played a COD SP campaign since COD2. So give me some MP info...

This game was so bad I stopped playing COD games.

Depends what you're referring to. The campaign was great for a CoD game. I did not bother with the MP. MW19 reinvented CoD mechanics and brought it up to modern standards and was playable in MP because of it. But the CoD community doesn't like that apparently so they are regressing.

Got this email today from Xbox,

1716937898850.png

Crazy that it want's 310 gb. https://www.thefpsreview.com/2024/06/10/call-of-duty-black-ops-6-reveals-310-gb-install-size/ I think i'm just gonna give in and buy a cheap 512-1gb sata ssd for this.

EDIT: Well now they're trying to walk that back somewhat https://www.destructoid.com/how-big-is-the-call-of-duty-black-ops-6-install-size/ They're saying that''s with the HQ and MWII and III installed along with it. As Alway's we shall see. But even if you can just install HQ and blops 6 it'll probably still be 200Gb.

Last edited:
Reactions: hu76
like this
That is absolutely insane. You'd think that devs would get better at optimizing games over time, not infinitely worse.

The CoD devs don't seem to like any type of compression. When it comes to performance they don't run exceptionally well either. I assumed they believe compression of some type will hurt performance or quality. If I recall the audio files didn't have compression so they were abnormally large? Though 100GB+ games are not uncommon. Horizon Forbidden West is 150GB, The Callisto Protocol is 76GB, Jedi Survivor is 130GB. Maybe they could get the size down but I do think it isn't that far off these days.

*With your $10/month subscription.

I buy Ultimate by the year. I picked up a couple years of Game Pass core (or whatever it’s called) from Sam’s Club then upgraded it to Ultimate. So I think my rate is something like $5 a month.

Still not free, of course, but a lot better than playing $10 a month for PC only.

Is the movement slower in this compared to MW3? Seems like they brought back weapon switching animations. The movement changes look interesting but fear it will end up being all bunny hopping and dolphin diving.

Back