Call of Duty 4 - best game ever

cerebrex

[H]ard|Gawd
I just finished it up. I played the demo, and it was pretty meh.. not that impressed. But I just finished the full version.. and wow.. that game is incredible... not only does it live up to the hype, it annihilates it. If you haven't played it, don't even think about it.. just get it.

Yeah, it's a shitload of fun. I got it for the PS3 and I recently discovered that I was running it at 720p instead of 1080p. This game is incredible.

Is it just me, or did anyone else find the "heat" mission to be just a little......

totally wtf halo legendary x10 insane/difficult???

I was a big Call of Duty 2 fan. I must say, Infinity Ward definitely delivered on their sequel. Just outstanding gameplay...and so many moments where I was like "whoa!!" :D

How is this the best FPS ever? IT's to scripted which kills the replayability, and only about 5hrs long. It's also waaay to linear and the AI is pretty terrible. On more than one occasion an enemy was in front of my team and they weren't firing at eachother. I expected much better from IW on this one. The only level that impressed me was the sniper mission when you're playing in the captains flashback.

I like the mp a lot. Best game ever? Don't think so. I like tf2 more I think. Helps that cod feels a little bit laggy even with 50ish ping for some reason.

Most overhyped game I've ever played.

i think Crysis is going to take that crown, personally after the mp betas and demo there is nothing i see in crysis that i didn't see in far cry as far as game play is concerned, sure you can say that about any and every FPS but i don't think Crysis is going to be anything special game play wise.

Graphics, well they are amazing from i can see, but there is nothing on the market now that can truly show off the graphics.

every game i have bought in the last couple months i can run at high res highest game settings no problem, i don't feel good about buying Crysis to play it at super dumb downed settings just so it plays smooth.

COD4 i don't think was hyped all that much but any hype it was given it totally live up to and surpassed, as far as game play and graphics, it is a great game, in all aspects.

anyways just 2 pennies worth.

Yeah COD4 delivers where crysis fails. That's why COD4 is coming in the mail now and crysis can collect dust in the shelf. COD4 has an immersive function to it where Crysis seems just as artificial and unbelivable as Farcry did. Loved COD4 demo so if the game is going to be even better, wow.

call of duty 4 is a huge improvment from cod2 as i never played on 3. the graphic detail is a lot better and so is the gameplay

+1 for best fps this year

Mac[X-D];1031651391 said:
i think Crysis is going to take that crown, personally after the mp betas and demo there is nothing i see in crysis that i didn't see in far cry as far as game play is concerned, sure you can say that about any and every FPS but i don't think Crysis is going to be anything special game play wise.

Graphics, well they are amazing from i can see, but there is nothing on the market now that can truly show off the graphics.

every game i have bought in the last couple months i can run at high res highest game settings no problem, i don't feel good about buying Crysis to play it at super dumb downed settings just so it plays smooth.

COD4 i don't think was hyped all that much but any hype it was given it totally live up to and surpassed, as far as game play and graphics, it is a great game, in all aspects.

anyways just 2 pennies worth.

QFT Im glad im not the only one who thought crysis was just .... meh. Sure it has great graphics, if your system can handle it, but the SP demo felt like farcry all over again.

I don't think crysis will deliver on the same level as COD4. As for COD4 being too short... it WAS in fact short.. if you played it on too low a difficulty. I played on legendary.. and that shit was RIDICULOUS. The hardest mission for me was the end of one shot one kill, waiting for the chopper... that was ridiculous. I fired all of my M4's ammo, all of my dragonuv, all my nades, c4, claymore...

I think it's the first time I've ever said: "Oh shit, I only have 380 rounds left"

I just finished it up. I played the demo, and it was pretty meh.. not that impressed. But I just finished the full version.. and wow.. that game is incredible... not only does it live up to the hype, it annihilates it. If you haven't played it, don't even think about it.. just get it.
Can you elaborate? I'm in the same boat, as "meh" describes the demo pretty accurately. Too arcadey for me. How exactly is the retail version different?

Great game...

the AI was a little dumb, and on various missions the AI was not "allowed" to Die.. IE, nad blowing up on there feet and them not dieing, or them standing next to car as it blows and not dieing, or AI being pushed by tank and making the "ouch" noise over and over...

The game was short.. I beat it on Veteran already, and I just bought it 2 days ago. Granted I played like 6 hours...

but it was a load of fun, and I keep playing certain missions over and over, like the C130 mission, I just crack up and the stuff they keep saying.. lol

Can you elaborate? I'm in the same boat, as "meh" describes the demo pretty accurately. Too arcadey for me. How exactly is the retail version different?

firstly, it was just a poor choice by the developers to use a night mission. The graphics don't really shine unless its during the day. the specular maps tend to give the models a light tinge around the edges.. makes it look kind of stupid. Also, the scripted sequences, and fluid story are not really displayed too well. Also, theres not that much hand to hand combat in the demo, and the level chose was one of the most frustrating of them all, defending the tank.

Everyone should play this game on Hardened settings only, I wouldn't think there is too many newbs on hardforum out there. It gets DAMN frustrating at this setting, but it challenges you.. the best part is you WANT to prevail in the mission... unlike Doom3 where I just exit the game one day from a challenge, and never return to it again.

Everyone should play this game on Hardened settings only, I wouldn't think there is too many newbs on hardforum out there. It gets DAMN frustrating at this setting, but it challenges you.. the best part is you WANT to prevail in the mission... unlike Doom3 where I just exit the game one day from a challenge, and never return to it again.

QFT, Hardened is the only way to go for this game (if you're an experienced FPS gamer). Really tests your reflexes, patience, and dexterity.

Most overhyped game I've ever played.

That's Halo 3 all the way, then maybe Bioshock.

call of duty 4 > crysis

24.gif

I think you meant to post this in one of the Halo 3 threads.

Yea Halo 3 is the most hyped game ever. Well.. most hyped that turned out to be a piece of garbage.

I'm still playing CoD3 and having a blast. But I'm more then 2/3 the way finished after.. maybe 4 hours. That's WAY to short. I know console gamers are used to 6-8 hour games, but PC gamers most certainly are not. If the content packed into these hours wasn't so good, I'd be bitchin up a storm lol.

you haven't played Crysis yet. it's way better.

what hype?

The massive amount of hype ever since gameplay was first shown. On just about every gaming site, forums, and podcasts.

It's CoD all over again. This is their formula:

1. 1 part godawful AI
2. Add a nonstop torrent of said AI to try and mask the lack of effort gone into making the same AI from CoD1 seem challenging, which in of itself is unchanged from CoD1
3. Add an asston of LOOOUUUDDD NOOOOISSSEEESSS to further mask it. Call it "intensity"
4. Throw in, pun intended, magic grenades that land in your lap from seemingly no where. Call it a "challenge".
5. More guns, essentially reskinned from previous serious with new sound.
5. Finally, add some really fantastic encounters, and great presentation.

It's sad because it's got such phenomenal presentation and it's occasionally exciting. But this is, in the nd, a GAME. They were supposed to improve upon the GAME part, you know... how well it plays? 4th time around for the series, and it's still horrible.

And the multiplayer is just well... pathetic. WTF are all these MMOesque things doing in here? This is a shooter, what happened to letting skill prevail, not time spent. Like mmos, the people with less of a life gain the advantage in game what with all those lame "upgrades" and "perks"(aka LEVEL UP).

Lets talk about the difficulty you guys played on and did you think it was easy or hard to beat?

I played in Veteran mode, the game didn't get annoying until near the end where I had to die 100 times before I finally completed a mission (Sniper map) Also I wish there was a way to save your progress, that bit me in the ass many times towards the ending.

first of all, on the technical level, COD4 gets blown by Crysis. Crysis, with only High graphics and without AA of AF looks like COD8 will look like on a GeForce 11. but you need the right hardware to enjoy it, of course.

the gameplay : COD4 is intense, but there's absolutely zero realism. it's war, but the AI is dumb and the game is extremely linear. Crysis, although set in the future, is as realistic as a FPS can get. when you're out in the open, you'll feel very vulnerable. the AI is a bit dumb and includes bugs, but instead of just shooting at you, Crysis enemies will move around the environment using basic team tactics, looking for you.

COD4 single player is awfully short, and has nearly zero replay value. Crysis is twice as long, which is still pretty short, but you can play it over and over again, using different tactics. Crysis is the least linear FPS ever. there are huge outdoor areas to explore. in many levels you can just sneak past your enemies, and not engage anyone. somestimes you'll find yourself fighting 20 Korean soldiers.

overall, if COD 4 gets 9/10, Crysis can't score anything less than 10.

Back