Call of Duty 4 - best game ever

wow, people are still on kali? i used to be a die hard descent gamer. that was all i played. d1x with a 3dpro, and i think i'm still a moderator on descentbb.net... anyone else frequent that board?

3d pro here too..i have 2 still unopened when I bought 3 at one time from a guy for 15 bux...w00t

Get a grip. .

Indeed. Clearly I flew off the handle there. Someone restrain me, posthaste.

And I might as well ask... Regarding CoD4

Anybody experiencing glitched checkpoints in the later levels? Things like checkpoints not registering when you go past them repeatedly, and then suddenly firing off out of nowhere?

Anybody?

I remember finishing the game in 4 days on Delta. It was very fun, I didn't expect to play rainbow 6 style towards the end because of the difficulty, which is that one thing Episode 2 lacked.

Call of Duty 4 is definitely one of the better shooters of this year. I didn't think it was going to honestly be that good.

Well shit. Now I have a problem with COD4. My system froze up while I was online and now it tells me that my keycode is in use.

Anyone experienced this with COD4?

Yesterday i got my Rank upto Lieutenant-Colonel 2, and after a complete Format and re-install have lost the lot, you have to start from the beginning again, it's not saved on a master server like BF2/2142 like i thought.

Damn and bugger:mad:

Well shit. Now I have a problem with COD4. My system froze up while I was online and now it tells me that my keycode is in use.

Anyone experienced this with COD4?

I used to get it with CoD2 occasionally. I don't remember how I fixed it, but I think it was something simple, along the lines of a PB update/computer restart, or possibly a reinstall. It's just a temporary wig-out, though, it shouldn't last.

Yesterday i got my Rank upto Lieutenant-Colonel 2, and after a complete Format and re-install have lost the lot, you have to start from the beginning again, it's not saved on a master server like BF2/2142 like i thought.

That sucks if that's the case.

I believe to keep your rank you have to save mpdata file under your profile. Don't feel bad, same thing happened to me!

btw to everyone, 1.2 client side patch is out.

I used to get it with CoD2 occasionally. I don't remember how I fixed it, but I think it was something simple, along the lines of a PB update/computer restart, or possibly a reinstall. It's just a temporary wig-out, though, it shouldn't last.

It is working now. The problem cleared up on it's own this morning.

My only gripe so far with COD4 is that 30 ppl on a lot of the maps is to damn many. I feel the strategy required in COD2 is lacking, and also the LARGER maps from COD2 are lacking. This could just be because I haven't memorized all the "maps" yet, and don't know the "best" spots to be. I miss the maps like Global Operations had where they were HUGE and snipers could actually be THOUSANDS of feet away.

COD4 has the BEST brush/tree/bushes because they LOOK real, and you can REALLY hide in them, not just dissapear into an image, you actually blend in.

Another kick ass thing about COD4 is the realism you can't hop around, or jump in front of someone and think you will kill them every time... a lot more goes into this game.

I believe to keep your rank you have to save mpdata file under your profile. Don't feel bad, same thing happened to me!

btw to everyone, 1.2 client side patch is out.

The 1.2 patch totally wiped out all of my MP data.

Warning to others. Back up your shit before you install.

quoted for... information

That's obviously a pretty big assumption to make.

You didn't have to register anything, there's no member's community, there's no "log in" process. I can't imagine what would make you think that your info is stored on some "master server" other than "well this other game does it."

Lesson learned.

If it's all locally stored, why can't you just copy your rank info your friend? or edit your files yourself?

Call of Duty 4 is definitely one of the better shooters of this year. I didn't think it was going to honestly be that good.
Me neither. The presentation was the best I've seen so far. The action is so in your face, it's incredible. I felt like I was playing through scenes in a movie. The ending was great and the rap song during the credits wasn't cheesy! It was actually pretty good (for a game). I wasn't expecting the extra mission at the end and really enjoyed playing it. There aren't a lot of missions in COD4 but I don't think the game is all that short when you play it on [H]ardened.

I'm a little confused why some poeple complain about enemy spawning. It never felt like enemies just appeared out of nowhere. Most of the rooms that you fight in are within buildings, which are within complexes so it totally makes sense that troops are going to storm in and try to take me and my crew out. I would think that something was wrong in certain areas if I were able to just kill 10 people in a room within a large building and be on my merry way. I noticed that enemies that seemed to come out of nowhere were actually in my view at some point but took different routes while my attention was focused on a foe that at the time seemed more dangerous and needed to be taken out asap. Or there were other way for them to get in. The game is heavily scripted but in a good way and trying to use the same patterns against the enemy doesn't always yield good results. It might help you get through an initial rush but you'll have to reload which always gives them time to spread out.

The only level where I felt overwhelmed and thought "gee this is rediculous" is the One Shot Kill level where you fend off waves of attackers while waiting for that damn heli to show up. The heli would be 60m away and some bastard would either flank me or I would be sniped while changing my position. I got around all that by hanging out in the alley where they couldn't see me. On occasion a grenade would be tossed but I would just move out of the way for a second and then set off my previously planted C4 while the heli arrived and charge out to recsue McWhateverHisNameWas and take him to the chopper. But when I think about it, it made sense that I was faced with this swarm considering what I had done earlier during the mission. They should be after my ass. I was kinda shocked that they didn't have more heli drops for the enemies and some rockets would have been nice to even things out a bit.

I'm rambling I guess but I got such a rush from playing that game even during the really hard levels where I was constantly being owned. I like the fact that not every level was designed to force me to shoot every thing that moved but to clear a path to get the fuck outta there. Which brings me to team AI. I think it was very intentional that your teammates don't always move forward. I liked that. It makes you play and not lay back while your mates do the heavy lifting. They seemed smart about who was the more immediate threat and even seemed to find the snipers. Only in about two or three spots did I get pissed at a teammate blocking my movement but it was because he was in the middle of killing someone or dodging a grenade and our paths crossed. I was impressed.

Back