Calender/Task Program...?

-O-rigin

Weaksauce
Is there a program similar to Rainlendar but that's a bit better, with more functionality and customization?

I run XP Pro and always have a ton of stuff to do, and I'm currently buried in sticky notes! :D

It'd be more convenient to have an on-screen and light-weight prog on my system, but I've never quite liked the limitations and the features that are automatically applied and non-customizable with Rainlendar.

Suggestions appreciated.

Cheers.

Thanks, I know about that but that's not what I'm looking for.

As stated, I'm looking for a third-party app that will just run on my system (not online/having to be logged into), like I said, akin to Rainlendar.

download and use the Palm desktop. you can download and install it for free even if you don't own a Palm. The GUI is pretty nice and has good appointment and task management/cross-referencing.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'd like to compare Palm Desktop, but [edit] I'm sure what to download/check out that's actually the calender...? There's a few downloads, and no screens of the calender portion.
Has it ever been known to cause any conflicts with anything? Especially if you can use it w/o having a Palm, just want to make sure.

Sunbird looks pretty good, except that it seems a little large. But, can you customize the colors and/or skins at all? Perhaps resize it?

Again, appreciate the suggestions.
Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'd like to compare Palm Desktop, but [edit] I'm sure what to download/check out that's actually the calender...? There's a few downloads, and no screens of the calender portion.
Has it ever been known to cause any conflicts with anything? Especially if you can use it w/o having a Palm, just want to make sure.

Sunbird looks pretty good, except that it seems a little large. But, can you customize the colors and/or skins at all? Perhaps resize it?

Again, appreciate the suggestions.
Cheers.

Here's the home page for Palm Desktop: http://www.palm.com/us/support/palmdesktop.html

This link has a screenie of the calendar portion:
http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/windesk414e.html

The calendar can be put into month, week, business week (M-F), and day views. You can also alter whether the week starts on Monday or Sunday.

I've never known Palm Desktop to cause problems with things at all. You can customize it a great deal as to what it does/does not handle. Hope this helps.

Nothing better for this than Outlook, if you have it.

Honestly I have to agree.

Most others out there are just copies of outlook or lack certain features. I hate outlook for email, but damn the Calendar and scheduling is second to none.

Not to mention if you use a Windows Mobile device nothing else really syncs as well as outlook.

Back