Calender desktop gadget for W7 that can sync with Google Calender?

Harb

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a simple calender app that can sync with Google Calender. I'd like it to be in desktop widget form. You would think that Windows would come with a Gadget that does this, but the first-party Microsoft calender app is as bare-bones and featureless as they come and the best 3rd party alternative Windows Sidebar gadget (zCal) is only a few steps above it in terms of features.

I tried Google Desktop's calender gadget and it was -almost- what I wanted, but it had two glaring issues: 1) I had to install Google Desktop to use it, and 2) when click the Show Desktop button next to the clock in W7, the gadget minimizes as well...which entirely defeats the purpose of having a desktop gadget in the first place.

Can anyone recommend anything to me? I'd like something as small and simple as possible. All I need is something that plays nice with Google Calender and that will sit on my desktop and not minimize along with everything else when I hit the Show Desktop button. The ability to view/edit/add events to the calender right from the gadget would be nice, but as long as those first 2 requirements are met I'm happy. More features than that are obviously welcome, but for now I'm more concerned with the absolute basics.

Thanks!

Back