CablesMod usage

It's good stuff and will work guaranteed. Double check your PSU model against their listing before you buy.

If you're having trouble managing the stock cables, though, it's probably not going to be easier with this. It'll look better for sure if you've got a window, but you are changing from small diameter, stuck together wires on the original to fatter disconnected sets of individual wires per cable. The combs are nice to keep them grouped together, but the overall size will see a sizable increase. The lengths are also roughly the same as stock.

I want to save space and increase airflow in the case.

What case are you using? If you went with the W100 like I see you mentioning in the other thread, that thing is massive and well organized cabling on the motherboard side isn't going to interfere with any fans or airflow, and stuffing (or nicely running) the extra length along the backside doesn't affect cooling. Ultimately, cable kits like cablemods with the individually sleeved wires will take up more space, but will also look pretty cool when the colors are matched.

The extreme way to keep cables out of all airflow is to custom build your own to the exact length needed, using rigid guides/tubes to run them along the edge of the hardware with minimal rise. I've seen this in some pretty nifty casemods, but it is a LOT of work and 99% of the effect is show.

Yes, I get W100 case and it is nice with the size, but I will put a lot of water cooling equipment there and the tubes will get a space that are good for PSU cables.
My PSU is Super Flower 2Kw and cables are not good for management. But another way is just to order cables for ATX power and Video card(s).

Those are some fat cables on that PSU! I was thinking it would have the nice flat flex style ones that are easy to layer. If you aren't planning on putting a butt-load of fans on the right side brackets, there is more than enough room and tie-offs to make it neat and clean, then popping through the grommets right by the motherboard where you need them.

What I would try is first see what you can do with the stock cables running around the edges of everything to stay out of the way, and then making tight (as best you can) turns into the sockets. You'd be surprised what you can do with that. From there you can decide if you want to go the cable mod route. The only possible benefit I can see comparing the two is that you can flatten the cablemod bundles out to give yourself more room with them as they run behind things.

With a case that size, you may find that your cables just aren't long enough! EPS12V (8-pin CPU) can often be a stretch to reach the socket from the bottom. You might need to get cable extensions instead of replacement sets.

Yes, they are very fat cables and very dificult to arrange. Also I planning to put 8 Fans at right side of the case to cool HDDs and M/B back side.
Also that PSU is 22 cm whish is taking a lot of back side of the case I planing to put 280 mm rad there and with fat cables should be very hard task.

Wow, you are really going balls to the wall with this build! I hope you share pics with us when it's all done. :)

I'd say, then, go for the cablemods, fan out the wires along the back to make them thinner along the motherboard tray (so airflow isn't interrupted), then put the combs on to bring it together for a clean look on the motherboard side. But, be prepared for needing to buy a set of cable extensions...that's a long trip for them to make.

Wow, you are really going balls to the wall with this build! I hope you share pics with us when it's all done. :)

I'd say, then, go for the cablemods, fan out the wires along the back to make them thinner along the motherboard tray (so airflow isn't interrupted), then put the combs on to bring it together for a clean look on the motherboard side. But, be prepared for needing to buy a set of cable extensions...that's a long trip for them to make.
Sure, When it is ready I will share pics to discuss what do you think.

Back