Cable sleeving

EndersShadow

[H]ard|Gawd
So this is a crossover thread to an extent. I know lots of us [H] folks use cable sleeving for our PSU cables.....

I need a decent cheap vendor for some, but its not for my computer. It for some custom built speaker cables.

I need it to be black and 3/8th of an inch. I am in need of about 40-50 feet in order to cover 30 feet of 14/4 Audioquest FLX speaker wire. I am planning to terminate it with GLS locking banana plugs and speaker pants from PartsExpress......

Parts express does sell it, but only in 25 foot rolls (total cost would be ~20 for 2 rolls). I am not sure if 25 feet will do 2 9-10 foot cables.....

Hoping someone might have a source that can do 50 feet for under 20 bucks hehehe....

I have overspent on the banana's and wire so I need to cheap out on the covering for now.... might even have to pass on it and the speaker pants.... but hoping the [H] community can help me save a bit o cash :D

Head fi has some folks there who can get you very good deals if you just ask around, like I did when I needed some interconnects sleeved from scratch.

seller "furryletters" on ebay.
I've purchased from them before and they always keep a good stock of techflex.

You can get 2 rolls of 25ft for ~$17. They also carry multifilament nylon of that size for around the same price.

Multifilament is softer and feels much nicer. Techflex I believe is the harder stiffer stuff that PSU makers sleeves their output cables with.

Multifilament however does snag if you're forcing the wires in. You'll need a lot of patience to not make a mess.

Back