cable shortening

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
Im currently cable shortening my pci-express cable for my ST50F I got one of the molex pins out but im having trouble getting the others out.. Im using the Lamptron modding tool to remove the pins but the damn sucker isnt coming out... anyone have suggestions?

Usually, when pins are hard to remove it means the wings have dug themselves deep into the nylon connector housing. It can help to push the pin back towards the tool and wiggle it around to loosen it and hopefully free the wings from the connector. Then reinsert the removal tool carefully and wiggle the pin some more.

You should never need to use any force when inserting the removal tool. If you push it in too far you are usually damaging exactly the piece of connector where the wings dig into.

Thanks for the advice, I wiggled it around and got it. I had another field day with the pin and crimping tool but all in all got my pci-e cable down to a foots length.. Dunno if i want to go shorter lol

Won't be long till you're paying an arm and a leg for extensions after you upgrade your vid cards next time ???

Why would he buy extensions if he has the crimping tool? Harness wire and pins are cheap.

Back