Cable Modem, or Linksys Router? Help

Howdy

n00b
So my computer, was running wireless network for awhile then i had a lan party, after that i just had it directly connected cause i seemed to get better speeds for online gaming. Eventually to switch back over to wireless, and it worked then i reboot my pc and my internet does not work at all. The wireless router is a Linksys WRT54GS v.1 802.11G w/ speed booster.

Comcast Cable modem it is an RCA brand that is all i could find on it.

But now whenever i try to direct connect (to the modem) with either my computer or my work computer i get somewhat of an internet connection, my gaming one, which i am currently using will run everything except msn messenger, World of Warcraft, Internet Explorer, and it won't go to www.google.com. So my internet possabilities are limited. AIM and Yahoo messenger work...

Wireless connection works tho, the network will share files back and forth but will not show that it has internet setup through it, the internet and network settings were not tampered with in any way after this LAN party nor before. Leaving me with a network with no internet both ways.

Now the work computer direct connection gives me the error, "Limited or No Connectivity." Leaving me with no network at all.

I've udpated the firmwire on the Linksys router, and updated the drivers on the wireless network card and both ethernet cards on both pc's.

The last resort i took was to call Comcast Customer Support only to get........an English speaking tech guy....wow. Mentioned me taking my modem up to Comcast Store and switch modems cause the ethernet port on the modem may be broken.

If any of you guys have any suggestions or aggreable comments with the comcast tech guy please let me know this is the most annoying internet problem i have ever had.

Back