Cable modem isn't updating its file.

theTIK

Gawd
I got an email from comcast saying that they updated my area to 3Mbit and all I have to do is unplug the modem for 60 seconds and plugit back in. I've tried this like 20 times and all speed tests show that i'm still at 1.5 Mbit. I have a motorola Surfboard modem, one of those new black ones. I've even tried bypassing the router and still no. What is the ip to connect to the modem through IE? Maybe I can release the old file manually in there so it is forced to update.

there is no way to release the old file manauly. Thats why they have you unplug the power. Because it does that when its comes back online. But If it still does it then you may just need to call them. It's possible you got the email in error or they may need to make sure your provisioning updated correctly. Basicly as long as you unplug it and wait about a min and plug it back in you have done all you can.

Just because the cap is set at 3Mbit does not mean you will get that speed. However you could call them, and make sure your modem is getting the correct boot file.

maybe try a hard reset. i have an older surfboard and there's a hole on the back that you stick a paper clip in to hard reset it. it's actually a tad difficult to hit the tiny button just right, and then you can barely tell you hit it, just have to see that the lights go off then back on. i believe you can also reset it from the modem config page, which on mine is http://192.168.100.1

Back