Cable management

its fine! your system is built fine. now youre coming across as a troll, knock it off! and for the love of the [H]Gods DO NOT try and put Linux on this, you clearly do not have enough experience. load windows, load newest drivers, load some games and start enjoying you system, FFS!

I thought Linux was mainstream enough that even grandparents could install and use it? That's what the Linux forum would have you believe ;)

So I plugged the monitor in and I turned on the computer and the computer looked fine, but the monitor wasn't getting a signal. The graphics card was on and everything looked good. I went to create a bootable usb drive and I tried again. The monitor still wasn't getting a signal so I tried turning the computer off and then back on and it still wasn't getting a signal, so I tried again and now the power button isn't working. How can I fix this?

So I plugged the monitor in and I turned on the computer and the computer looked fine, but the monitor wasn't getting a signal. The graphics card was on and everything looked good. I went to create a bootable usb drive and I tried again. The monitor still wasn't getting a signal so I tried turning the computer off and then back on and it still wasn't getting a signal, so I tried again and now the power button isn't working. How can I fix this?

This is now your what 8th issue? around building the system, and even destroying some of the equipment in the process you proclaim you absolutely know how to do?
oh wait I am sorry its only the 7th. One of the issues was with your prior machine (the reset button)

I (and others) have given you the best advice. But you seem to no want to follow it.

Random reply not related to the topic at hand... pretty sure we are being trolled.

At the off chance we aren't, do you have the 6 or 8 pin connectors plugged into the video card?

The power connector is plugged in. No, I am not trolling you. It turned on, but the monitor wasn't getting a signal so I turned it on and off several times. Let me see if it works now.
but like I said before YOU CLEARLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
YES I DO STOP BEING AN ASS

The power connector is plugged in. No, I am not trolling you. It turned on, but the monitor wasn't getting a signal so I turned it on and off several times. Let me see if it works now.

YES I DO STOP BEING AN ASS

Alright, well try clearing your CMOS and see if that helps. You might have an incompatible Bios setting, however this usually sets itself to defaults after a few failed boots. Also check your video card seating.

if turn it off and on several time is the extent of you trouble shooting knowledge then you do not know what you are doing, you've give 7 good example that you don't.

go read the trouble shooting link posted above before asking anymore questions.

It isn't the extent od my troubleshooting knowledge, I was just trying to get something to show up on my monitor.

that thread is stripped, you need to get another case man.
Are you sure about that?

Alright, well try clearing your CMOS and see if that helps. You might have an incompatible Bios setting, however this usually sets itself to defaults after a few failed boots. Also check your video card seating.
I cleared the cmos and that made it work.

I tried arch linux, but I had trouble installing it, so I tried to install ubuntu 16.10 and the mouse worked, but the cursor was stuck in the top right corner of the screen so I tried arch linux anywhere and that worked. Arch linux anywhere is a menu based installer for arch that makes it easy to install.

So there is an issue with the screen size and the text is too small, so I am probably just going to install windows since I am used to it and the text won't be too small.

So there is an issue with the screen size and the text is too small, so I am probably just going to install windows since I am used to it and the text won't be too small.

If you can't figure out how to resize the text, you are doomed. And still trolling.

If you can't figure out how to resize the text, you are doomed. And still trolling.
I am not trolling. I can resize the text, but it was recognizing it as a 39 inch screen and it is not a 39 inch screen. The main reason why I am going with windows is because I like it more.

He can't build an aquarium, either.

IMG_20161208_143720015_HDR.jpg

The loneliest fish.

Last edited:
I used to keep my koi in my 55 gallon when they were small, but they got very large and now they are in the 1500 gallon pond. My 55 is empty right now. I am reserving because I plan to start breeding discus. I have electric blue haps in my top 40 gallon and I have goldfish in the bottom 40.

I decided that I am staying with linux, but I am still working on the issue where the DPI of the screen is being calculated wrong. I used a script to install arch. Is it still true arch? I got temporarily banned from the arch forums for asking for support for it because they say it isn't true arch, but it says it is.
archlinux.png
Is it?

Back