• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cable Management - SATA Power Mount

w0lf42

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
77
I'm working on a case modification to enhance my cable management.

My idea is to mount a SATA power/data connector next to my hard drive and optical drive locations
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8205/pci-01/SATA_Data_and_Power_Extension_PCI_Slot_Bracket_PCI-22PSATA.html

Then mount a SATA data connector near the mainboard
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/3419/sat-29/SATA_External_Port_Bracket.html

Then mount a SATA power connector near the power supply. The problem is that I can't locate a SATA power connector that has mount options. Does a product like this exist?
 
Why would you go out and buy this stuff when you can just hide the cables better? I don't really see the point to going out and buying stuff with more cables on it when you are trying to manage them better.

I guess a description of what exactly you plan to do would help.
 
The case is being constructed in a way that doesn't allow me to have hidden panels to hide cables. I'll be running the cables inside the support pieces (3/4" x 3/4" acrylic) of the case. Once the case is constructed, I won't be able to run more cables without completely deconstructing it.
 
It looks to me like those very products would me mountable - just unscrew them from the bracket and re-use the nuts and bolts wherever you're mounting them.
 
Yup. That's what I was planning to do with the ones that I linked. But I can't find a SATA Power one.
 
Back
Top