Cable internet + Router problems

sugii

Limp Gawd
First of all I have never posted a problem like this here so if I am in the wrong forum then please redirect me.

Yesterday at around 9PM CST my comcast cable internet stopped working, I checked ipconfig to find out that my computer was not communicating with my router. So I went in and setup my ip address and gateway address manually and when I tryed to connect to the internet I would get this webpage from comcast (from any web address I try to access) saying I needed to install some software. On that website it says "This installation process will take just a few minutes to complete. You will be required to provide your account information to complete registration." which seems kinds fishy to me because its pretty much the only information it gives me about the software, and I have had comcast for over a year now and I have never had this problem before. Also in ipconfig there is nothing under "connection-specific dns suffix."

I connected my modem directly to my computer, but I still get the same problem.

I'm not the smartest person at computers, so if you need more information please tell me.

Back