Cabels and computers

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
Im going to be running two computers in my rom and wanted to know how i should set up the computers. like if i should set one for gaming and one for internet or wut. i was thinking one for gaming and one for internet. i would think that they would run faster if i did. but i also dont know wut im talking. it confuses me. if u have ne ideas on what i should do please tell me

Umm, are you gonna game and surf the web at the same time? Why need two machines then?

when im gaming i usually am downloading stuff. when i game on the net it slows me down. so i built another computer. also i thought that it wont take up as much memory if i have one for gaming and one for the net. i thought that would make it a lot faster.

Originally posted by DRJ1014
when im gaming i usually am downloading stuff. when i game on the net it slows me down. so i built another computer. also i thought that it wont take up as much memory if i have one for gaming and one for the net. i thought that would make it a lot faster.

If both machines are sharing the same internet connection, it's not gonna matter which one your downloading on, if your maxing out your connection downloading, your gaming will suffer. Actually downloading something wouldn't really impact the performance of your machine playing a game.

chill assgoblin, the kid just wanted to know some info.

DrJ you will need a switch to split your connection, but it is strongly reccomended that you also have a router w/ firewall. but as mj said you will still be bottlenecked byou your connection, because the downloading will be hogging your bandwidth.

oh for the love of.....

beach, sorry i should have searched his posts.

i second your suggestion for banning

actually this post is real. i onyl have 1 fake post and that was the one he showed you. i got bored so me and my friend made that up to see what people would say. this post is real though. i do have two computers and need to know if i should run one for gaming and one for internet to make them faster ro what. THIS POST IS REAL NOT FAKE NO BLUF.

Well 2 computers isnt going to get you anywhere, as other said your just going to get bandwidth rapeage and your downloads and games are going to go slow as hell either way.

if i run two different servers on dsl will it make a difference with the connection?

Why would you wanna do something like that? It seems sorta inconvenient. Maybe browse the web WHILE gaming or chat on aim while gaming. Buttt..

thats wut i would be doing. while gaming going onto the other coputer and chatting with friedns and dl stuff and search the web. (whle in spawn of course)

Back