C9 OLED HDR Issue

T4rd

Fully [H]
I've noticed since I got Horizon Forbidden West a couple weeks ago and now in Gran Turismo 7, in some bright scenes, a variable length of black comes in from the bottom of the display.

Here's some videos and pics:

Horizon vid and picture: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HwUxyn8FdVwXKEk18

PXL_20220305_120003165.jpg

Gran Turismo 7:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/e7iB1Dtz9kx5e1AH6

I tried the Pixel refresh feature on the TV and have swapped HDMI cables (though I think the existing cable that came with my PS5 is the only 2.1 cable I have) to no avail. I can't find anything like this happening to other OLED owners searching the internet.

Is my TV dying or something already? It's barely 2 years old now.

TIA for and suggestions.

Suggestion: I had a period where my B6 was doing something kind of similar; solution was to hard-power off the set. Easiest way to make sure it's completely off is to pull out the power cord (since mine goes into low-power mode due to fast startup). Might be a completely different issue, but something simple enough to try.

Also to confirm: Does SDR "work" properly?

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Suggestion: I had a period where my B6 was doing something kind of similar; solution was to hard-power off the set. Easiest way to make sure it's completely off is to pull out the power cord (since mine goes into low-power mode due to fast startup). Might be a completely different issue, but something simple enough to try.

Also to confirm: Does SDR "work" properly?
Wow, hope it's that simple. I'll try that tomorrow next time I'm on it (prolly tomorrow). Guess I should always start with the hard "turn it off and back on again" solution, lol. Which I did for my PS5, but not the TV, since I've never seen this issue on a device other than my PS5.

I've confirmed it does not have the issue with HDR disabled on the PS5 at least too. So SDR seems to work properly on that console at least.

Probably different then the issue I had then (tearing at the bottom half of my screen); still worth a shot though.

I have a C9 as well and the only thing I see with Horizon Forbidden West is that sometimes it gets a blank screen for a second. I think that's a bug in the game.

Reactions: djoye
like this
I have a C9 as well and the only thing I see with Horizon Forbidden West is that sometimes it gets a blank screen for a second. I think that's a bug in the game.
That is a issue with the game not the TV. I also get a black screen for a split second every once in awhile. I haven't experience the half black screen tho on my C9. It is about 3 years old and 5000 hours on it.

Reactions: djoye
like this
OVERHEATING ?
How long before you get this on your screen? right away ? or after some time ? I heard of IPS screens doing this back in the day.

Back