c51 based shuttle!

Soymilk

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.sfftech.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=727

2 new models in the g5 chassis, one intel one amd.

doesnt say specifically that its 6150/430, but it most likely is. looks like im not gonna get a qpack in the future anymore.

what i dont get is why the amd one doesn't also have the VFD on the front :(

the mirrored front on the intel one is give or take, i wouldn't mind having it cuz it looks nice but i wouldnt mind not having it cuz it's probably higher maintenance (fingerprints and such would b all over the place, and im just too lazy to keep it clean). but i really want that vfd, that thing's so cool.

*edit* the most interesting paragraph:

sfftech article said:
Finally, the AMD box a lot of you have been waiting for. The SN21G5 is basically an SN25P in a G5 case with integrated video. For those who covet the specs of the SN25P, but hate the P chassis, this may be just the thing. Also the price is expected to be similar to the SN95.

bolded the important parts. so yes, its the c51 chipset cuz its integrated graphics, and its expected to b about $300! :D

Hmm, Maybe I'll sell off my qpack. I don't know though, mATX SLI seems close. I am thinking of selling of my qpack for a sn26p, or for a full tower. I can get antec p180 off a friend for $50.

TheBlueChanell said:
Hmm, Maybe I'll sell off my qpack. I don't know though, mATX SLI seems close. I am thinking of selling of my qpack for a sn26p, or for a full tower. I can get antec p180 off a friend for $50.
if u dont necessarily need a sff (u dont lan a lot / u arent going to b a college freshman soon), i'd say go for the p180. a full atx sli mobo will definitely be cheaper than a matx sli mobo, and it'll most likely perform better, too. and cool better in that case.

if you'd like sli on a matx mobo tho (sli doesnt matter for me because a: i personally dont think sli is worth it, and b: i cant afford it neways :p), it'll be out very soon. there was one featured at CES in a monarch hornet (i think) case, not sure who made it though, people are guessing evga, or if you can buy it separately from the hornet.

That Shuttle looks sexy. :cool: I just wish they did not screw you out of expansions ports. That's the killer for me.

I read the price speculated, but I doubt that will come true. These SFFs are Shuttles bread and butter - they stopped offering anything else. They are going to keep them pricey, because they can and have to. $300 would not be terrible, when you consider you get a decent PSU, miniaturized case and board. Just need two PCI slots, damnit and bigger fans in their PSUs...

$300, to me, would b a great deal, since it has enough stuff for what i'll need. there's integrated audio (should b HD w/ the 430), i only need one dvd drive since i dont really burn dvd's often, and when i do its usually off my hard drive instead of copy from another dvd, and the pci slots dont matter to me since i dont have a sound card neways :p

and u forgot to mention heatsink in the things u get :)

Back