C32s at newegg!!!!

6 core cpu for $245 not bad.

also look at the G34's 8 core cpu and 12 core cpu :eek:

Anyone having problems loading pages on newegg? I can only see the main page...

Edit: nevermind, all 4 of my tabs just started working all of a sudden...

No C32 mobos on newegg yet...C32 gonna support multi socket boards?(not well read up on socket C32), otherwise the 1055T seems like better value for a 6 core cpu.

G34 = lots of cores, not so fast (typically 1.7->2.3ghz) 4 socket max = max 48 cores
C32 = ~ some cores (1.8->2.8ghz) max 6 cores (2 socket max = max 12 cores)
AM3 = fewer cores (~ 2->3.6ghz) max 6 cores (1 socket = max 6 cores)

The main problem with C32 is lack of motherboards and even more -- lack of dual socket motherboards....Unless you need a ton of ram (ddr3/registered) there isn't an advantage of C32 over AM3 when it comes to single socket.

On the other hand if we did have a choice of dual socket C32 boards, I think the 6 core @ 2.6 * 2 would make a nice enthusiast platform....

I believe the @1000 price for 2.6/6 cores is $188.
Pricing
Clock speeds/cores

Boards:
2 CPU:
Tyan S8226
MSI MS-91F7

1 CPU:
H8SCM

Last edited:
So why would you buy any of those when there's no mobo supporting oc ?

If there were than i guess that 8 core for 275$ would be awesome deal but since those chips will always stay at their ultra sucky speeds what's the point ?

I'm pretty sure that whatever you do 6 core x6 at 3,8-4 Ghz will be better than 8 cores at 2,3.

Pretty soon you're going to need a portable generator to power these multi processor boards LOL!

If there were than i guess that 8 core for 275$ would be awesome deal but since those chips will always stay at their ultra sucky speeds what's the point ?

I'm pretty sure that whatever you do 6 core x6 at 3,8-4 Ghz will be better than 8 cores at 2,3.

2.6GhZ is ultra sucky? Are you from the future where Intel and AMD did hit 10GhZ?

2.6 isnt bad, especially for a server CPU.....and there are some things where core count is better than speed....which is why someone would buy those....

Because I don't use my computer to primarily play video games. Also: The dual boards also hold a buttload more ram.

I like the buttload of RAM part (well maybe not the literal wording) but isn't it the super expensive ECC type? That kinda defeats the joy of all those nice slots.

I like the buttload of RAM part (well maybe not the literal wording) but isn't it the super expensive ECC type? That kinda defeats the joy of all those nice slots.

It is ECC reg but it's not that bad...
Egg has 4G sticks starting from $127 shipped
2G sticks @ $65'ish or 2 x 2G for 107-115
8G sticks for $260
16GB sticks are much more expensive...best bang for the buck seems to be 4-8GB sticks. I don't think many consumer (am3/1156/1366) boards can take over 4GB sticks.

:)according to Wikipedia:" Socket C32 will support the upcoming Bulldozer-based six- and eight-core "Valencia" Opterons in 2011"...
16 cores of Bulldozers and up to 64gb ram....nice:)

Back