• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

C2D HSF that doesn't use push pins?

Fenix793

Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2003
Messages
664
So are there any heatsinks for less than $50 that don't use push pins? I'm using the stock cooler now and although it gets the job done I would like to OC a little further. It seems though that many of the sub $50 heatsinks use the awful push pin mounting system. Anyone know of a heatsink with screw based mounting?
 
Xigmatek S1283. You may have to buy the screw mounting seperately. When I bought mine you did, but I had heard that they were going to start including it with the HSF. I believe the HSF is around 35/36 dollars.
 
I agree on the Xigmatek. Nice HSF, but yes...definately pick up the backplate screw assembly. They even have them at Fry's if you have one locally.
 
What's the deal with the 775 pushpins anyway? I've been using 939 machines for a while now and it takes literally 2 seconds with 0 force to install their heatsinks. I had to buy an aftermarket cooler for my new C2D build because the stock heatsink was bending my mobo in half. Even the Socket A installations were easier and more intuitive.

edit* Forgot about 478, those were easy to install as well.
 
Yea it really sucks. My last HSF a S939 XP90 and the mounting system was easy and solid. I really thought I was going to snap by motherboard in half trying to install the stock E2180 cooler. I'm still not sure if it's properly mounted...
 
Back
Top