C2D E6600 and 965P DS3

Rogue

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone else been able to change the multiplier for the E6600, or any C2D for that matter with the 965P DS3? I have found that I am able to do this, and I thought only the E6800's allowed the multiplier to be changed. This gives me so many more OC'ing options that I could be tweaking this board for weeks :D Right now I 've got the multi set to 7 and FSB to 432 for 3024MHz and that's just the beginning. If this is normal, this has to be one of the best MoBo's for C2D OC'ing period. I also have an Infinity 975x, and ECS nForce 570 SLIT-A and neither of them have this ability.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=124050

Thanks for any input.

Also, I was able to do this with the F4, and F6 bios.

Can you adjust the multiplier up or just down? The P5B Deluxe and suppsedly the P5W DH can also adjust the multiplier down, but not up.

?!

Isn't that completely normal? You can unlock your multi DOWN but not up (since 9x is the 6600 default multi).

All of the conroes/allendales can do this i thought.

I did not realize this, because my other MoBo's are not able to do it.

I have a DS3 with a e6300 and I can go down to a 6 multiplier if I want to.

Lyquist said:
I have a DS3 with a e6300 and I can go down to a 6 multiplier if I want to.

So I guess that it is a feature of the DS3, which I think makes this a very nice asset :cool:

Yes, this is a VERY good motherboard. Infact, im starting to really like (love) the 965 chipset.... The only thing that could (and will) make this an AWESOME motherboard, was if it had 2 pcie x16 slots......

I've been pretty pleased with my DS3. I wish that I could go higher than 2.8GHz stable, but some chips are like that I guess. I start requireing more voltage over 2.8 and I don't like running 70C + under load.

Back