• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

C: Drive is filling up?

overlord20

Gawd
Joined
Feb 5, 2010
Messages
623
Okay, my C: drive is randomly filling up and very fast too. At first I thought it was Lightroom (still may be) but about 3 weeks ago I had 18gb left on the drive as I only use it for the OS. Yesterday I had 1.75gb free and today only 1gb. I have ran a complete defrag and CCleaner but with not success.

I haven't quite figured out how to move my lightroom catalog locations off that drive but I haven't imported anything and it is still filling up.

Help is appreciated. Thanks.
 
Not an SSD. windows restore is enables on C: and I don't know page file location. But it just recently started doing this, and its even taken up .02gb more since I posted..
 
Narrow it down. RIght click your folders and view properties.
What's taknig up most space? windows? program files? users?
 
there is 12gb in adobe media cache.. but most seem to be in user and windows folder.

EDIT:

Got some space back by moving and cleaning the media cache folder.
 
Last edited:
Check memory of every folder one by one, find the folder who is eating this memory then try to delete it. Set all the folder visible, no folder should be visible.
 
Back
Top