bypassing Windows XP Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predator_CITF

Limp Gawd
One of my friends...his older brother, who is really mean, like blocked out my friend from like using AIM and stuff....and his brother has the ROOT account. How can we bypass the passowrd thing for Windows XP @ login?

You can't really bypass it as far as I know but you can reset it or change it using a few different utilities available for download. I would recommend doing some Google searching and see what comes up. Most of the programs you will find will likely boot up off a cd or something and run before Windows starts. There may also be a plugin available to do this using BartPE which is a really cool bootup cd with all kinds of utilities and such available for it.

Why would your friend allow anyone else to have admin account access? If the answer is, it's his older brother's computer, than the only option is for your friend to get his own computer.

piece of cake.

boot into safe mode by hitting F8 at startup.
create new admin account.
do whatever you want.
modify his password.
delete his brother's account. whatever.

providing that there is no password on the administrator account that is created when windows is first installed ..then the above mentioned would work

or provided that all other users are not setup with limited accounts and one does have administrative rights and not password protected , then you could hop in that account and do the above mentioned things

or google for what you are looking for ..and you will find that in which you are seeking .. :)

[F]old|[H]ard

djnes said:
Why would your friend allow anyone else to have admin account access? If the answer is, it's his older brother's computer, than the only option is for your friend to get his own computer.

QFT

I get the impression that this friend is not using his own computer. If thats the case the older brother must have his reasons for blocking aim and as much as it sucks that you can't chat online thats how it is until your friends gets his own computer.

It's his own computer...his older brother works (he's like 25) and has a job. He came home and decided to be mean and blocked him out. My friend has a limited account. His brother has the ROOT Account. Safe Mode does not work because you still have to put in a password.

Why did he let someone else have a admin account on his computer?

If you can log into any account with administrator priv including in safemode, just do this
Start--Run--type control userpasswords2--press enter, and reset anybodys password without needing to know their passwords.

And of course I meant this to be used if somebody forgot their password :D

Whatsisname said:
Just boot up with a linux live cd and use gaim.
now here's an excellent idea of how to get around the problem without doing anything that sounds even remotely illegal!

This is getting a little dodgy as far as the reasoning goes. There is enough suggestions on the table already for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back