Bypass windows sound control when using digital output. Not working any longer?

dhahlen

[H]ard|Gawd
Running windows 7 RC 7100 x64

Soundcard is a realtek, and I am using the digital optical output.

Before, I had used CCC and after installation, set the audio pack to pass DTS and AC3 through SPDIF. When I did this, running anything through windows media player or windows media player home cinema would pass all the audio control to the receiver. Therefore, I would not be able to adjust the volume control within windows, due to the receiver handling all the audio function.

i wanted to toy around with media center, and read up on recommended codec packs to get WMC to recognize mkv files and play them. I removed CCC and installed Shark007's codec pack with the x64 patch. I configured the FFDshow Audio pack the same as I had done CCC before. I disabled all the internal audio decoding and had it pass everything through SPDIF. However, I can still adjust the volume level through the media player, which I do not want. I simply want the PC to pass audio to the receiver, and have everything handled there. The audio output isn't as loud either, I find I have to turn my receiver up quite a bit more to get the same volume output I previously had. The sound controls in windows are maxed out.

Any suggestions for getting the system to pass all the audio control through the receiver and eliminate windows from having any function for audio control?

On another note, if you're using a sound card to pass digital audio, it really doesn't matter what sound card you have, correct? A soundblaster audigy card vs a realtek would do exactly the same job if you simply passed everything through SPDIF. A sound card only serves to do decoding if you're not using a separate processor, correct?

Back