Bye Bye Ken Kutaragi

You have to have some mixed feelings about that. He did thrust Sony to the forefront of console gaming with the Playstation. On the other, he has allowed Playstations to stray from what made the PS1 so great for developers. Each console has become more of a risk than the last. I'm not necessarily sure if this is his fault or higher managment in Sony. Different departments in Sony war with each other and devices that involved more than one area of the company tend to have some design problems. With the Playstation, I don't know if Kutaragi is the main source of the problem, or is the fallguy.

You have to have some mixed feelings about that. He did thrust Sony to the forefront of console gaming with the Playstation. On the other, he has allowed Playstations to stray from what made the PS1 so great for developers. Each console has become more of a risk than the last. I'm not necessarily sure if this is his fault or higher managment in Sony. Different departments in Sony war with each other and devices that involved more than one area of the company tend to have some design problems. With the Playstation, I don't know if Kutaragi is the main source of the problem, or is the fallguy.

Kinda reminds me of Gunpei Yokoi from Nintendo... He basically put Nintendo back on the map by creating a toy called the Ultra Hand. Later on, he came up with some great video game series', like Metroid, and even went on to design the Gameboy. Later on in his career, he made the Virtual Boy, which was a huge flop and was basically outcasted by Nintendo until he finally resigned. Japanese business is very harsh.

It's about time. You can't deny what he did for Sony, with the Playstation 1 and to a lesser extent, the Playstation 2, but according to some reports he was the one who made a lot of decisions about the PS3, which now look to be like pretty bad decisions. Whether or not that's true, or he's just being made out to be the fall guy, or scapegoat, it seems pretty likely he played a very large role in most of their blunders.

Krazy Ken is finally out the door. For good or bad...definitely will be interesting to see what happens over the course of the next 6 months or so with him being out.

He'd gone quite quite mad. Probably best for Sony that he's now out of the picture. :D

lol...since he retains symbolic "honorary" status I wonder if they will give him a symbolic katana to fall on.:p

Ken later released a statement claiming that he was not "fired," but in fact was promoted to Emperor of Jupiter and given an annual salary of 3 billion bars of gold-pressed latinum. :p

Back