• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

buzzing sound

northrop

grumman
2FA
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
11,699
I can hear a loud buzzing sound coming out of my speakers. I’m not sure if it’s the soundcard that I need to change or get new speakers. The buzzing doesn’t stop, and I don’t have any extra equipment (second set of speakers/sound card) to test which one is broken (if any). The sound card is a Sound Blaster Value(?) – bought in 2000.

This has been going on for the past few days, and it’s getting irritating when I play music, games or movies (yes, the buzzing is much louder then the sound). Help?
 
first, make sure that your mic input and line in are muted, have you done anything lately to cause this... moving the case, new software, beat your pc with a bat?....
 
It sounds like you don't have the jack completely inserted into the sound card. Try pulling it out and re-inserting it.

If that doesn't work, try using some headphones. If the headphones work fine then there's a good chance there's something wrong with the speakers (if nothing has changed in your setup). What you are describing could be a ground loop but I don't think these just pop up all of a sudden.
 
Canon said:
It sounds like you don't have the jack completely inserted into the sound card. Try pulling it out and re-inserting it.

If that doesn't work, try using some headphones. If the headphones work fine then there's a good chance there's something wrong with the speakers (if nothing has changed in your setup). What you are describing could be a ground loop but I don't think these just pop up all of a sudden.

:eek:


how did that happen? thanks :p
 
Back
Top